Sophie's concert

All topics about Sophie on tour will be moved here.
nau2000
Junior Sophie Fan
Junior Sophie Fan

Sophie's concert

Post by nau2000 » 04 Nov 2003, 10:09

Hi!

I just came back from Luzern - I´ll write a report in the evening (have to work now).
Rubis - could you tell me where I can find the link to the concert? - please post it, thank you! Did you/ could you record the broadcast. If the broadcast is still there in the evening I´ll try to get it as a mp3-file.

Rubis
Real Sophie Fan
Real Sophie Fan

Sophie's concert

Post by Rubis » 04 Nov 2003, 10:24

Here's the address: www.drs3.ch and go to cd tipps ( in pink ) and then >>more sounds and you'll find the files from the broadcast, but I don't know if it's already there 'cause there's one about monday but maybe it was last monday :? Check it out!

See you

nau2000
Junior Sophie Fan
Junior Sophie Fan

Sophie's concert

Post by nau2000 » 04 Nov 2003, 11:02

Seems to be that there is only the attachment with a playlist of the songs.
Unfortunately there is no link like "listen again" (as it is for example with the radio sites on www.bbc.co.uk) or anything like that. I wrote a message to the radio station, I´ll let you know what they reply.

LF
Real Sophie Fan
Real Sophie Fan

Sophie's concert

Post by LF » 04 Nov 2003, 22:05

[quote=""nau2000""]Seems to be that there is only the attachment with a playlist of the songs.
Unfortunately there is no link like "listen again" (as it is for example with the radio sites on www.bbc.co.uk) or anything like that. I wrote a message to the radio station, I´ll let you know what they reply.[/quote]

i've managed to record the concert on the web. But it's not good quality, and some songs are cut sometimes (due to the lag).
But i'll try to get something from these, if you're interested ... (actually, i'm listening to it at this moment).
about why loneliness follows me"

nau2000
Junior Sophie Fan
Junior Sophie Fan

Sophie's concert

Post by nau2000 » 04 Nov 2003, 22:36

Hello everybody!

Exactly at 24:00 I came home from my concert-trip to Luzern, just before the Austrian Trains were going to strike...but let´s start from the beginning:

Last Monday I was listening to Sophie Zelmani at work and decided to take a view at her official internet-site to see if there are any news - and what did I see: she is doing three concerts in Switzerland.
I thougth for a few minutes and called then my girlfriend Martina to ask her if she would join me to go to one of these concerts. I added, that this would be my only wish for birthday (last wednesday, Oct.29) - so she could hardly deny :D

Fortunately we both could manage to take a day off at our job and decided to go the "closest" venue to Vienna which was Luzern - just about 1000 km away. Cheap tickets to go by plane were not available so we bought tickets for train (ca. 10 hours journey). I further reserved tickets at the venue and booked a night in a hotel.

...having reached Luzern we got to our hotel, did some sightseeing and at about 15:00 we were at the "Schuur" - where the concert was to start at about 21:00. Of course no one was there at that time but we rang the bell and got to know "Gisi" (programme manager) who agreed on our wish to take part at the soundcheck at 17:00 which was a nice experience (we just listened and didn´t want disturb Sophie and the band).

"Schuur" is a nice quite small place with a bar below and the stage and another bar on the 1st floor - capacity about 650 people - it was full!
The concert itself started after the support gig "Zorg" (quite nice) at about 21:25. At the beginning she seemed to be very nervous (even said that) but with the time she got more familiar to the crowd and used to being a "star" on the stage. We stood in the second row and I didn´t even dare to look to her face for a longer time. She seems so fragile - it´s really astonishing, knowing that she already did "quite a lot" of concerts.

The setlist was very nice (well, to be honest you always miss a few songs that you would have liked to be played - eg. Stand By) and a astonishing amount of 20 songs was originally planned! During the concert she slowly became more open to the silent listening crowd (thank you Swiss fans!) and she mentioned several times to enjoy the concert ("nice to be here", "thank you for really listening", ect.) After Going Home she (guitar, tambourine, harmonica) and the great band (drums, keyboards, bass, guitar-Lars is playing incredible!) came back to play 3 more songs before leaving another time and closing with "Oh dear". The thankfull crowd was not stopping clapping and so they really appeared once again to play "Nostalgia" - making me very happy! At the end she said "thank you, you were perfect, really nice" and disappeared.

Some more comments:
- Coming back after Going Home she signed a photo for a fan in the first row (who also gave her a letter)

- I had my digi-cam with me but didn´t want to disturb her with flash - so I just did some photos that are very bad ("unfocused") :( - just one is ok and at the end I did one with flash of the whole band

After the concert I waited some time and got then up on the 1st floor again to see if I can get a autograph. I met Mats, responsible for the sound, told him that I came from Vienna to see the concert and asked him to get for my an autograph of Sophie and Lars on the setlist - a few minutes later he came back with it! (see the setlist).

I also got to know by Mats that the new record will be out in the beginning of next year and that she is planning to tour Sweden and also Switzerland afterwards - I also asked to come to Vienna... :D

I could tell some more but it´s anyway too long already...

Bye,
Martin

Question: How to add the scan of the setlist and two photos? Please help me!

Rubis
Real Sophie Fan
Real Sophie Fan

Sophie's concert

Post by Rubis » 05 Nov 2003, 09:10

:lol: Thanks so much for your report! It was really nice to read it to begin the day :wink:

See you!

Rubis
Real Sophie Fan
Real Sophie Fan

Sophie's concert

Post by Rubis » 05 Nov 2003, 09:19

I just had a look on the website of Schurr ( www.schuur.ch ) and I saw some pictures of the concert. There are really good and you can enlarge them. It's great :lol: !

ulukai555
Junior Sophie Fan
Junior Sophie Fan

Sophie's concert

Post by ulukai555 » 05 Nov 2003, 20:36

hello...

i have see the concert at Vevey (RKC)

wow i love i am so happy the concert was beautifull i have same meet i other fan was rubis thats cool...

thank you Sophie for the concert and come back please...

sorry for my bad english :cry:

tu m'as reconu rubis ? ou non j'ai laissé deux trois messages j'èspere qu'ils veulent dire quelque chose aux moins...
lukai555

Rubis
Real Sophie Fan
Real Sophie Fan

Sophie's concert

Post by Rubis » 05 Nov 2003, 21:06

Coucou ulukai!

Your English is quite good, je t'ai reconnu, t'en fait pas tes messages sont compréhensibles.....enfin bien que :? ..... mais non je :lol: !!!!

See you,

Rubis

Elske
Administrator
Administrator

Sophie's concert

Post by Elske » 06 Nov 2003, 23:34

thank you for the concertstories! i wished i had seen her!

and also thanks voor the sites with the pictures! :)
ww.always-sophie.com

But it's always a pleasure to sing and dance with you!

LF
Real Sophie Fan
Real Sophie Fan

Sophie's concert

Post by LF » 07 Nov 2003, 11:54

Hey everybody !

Have a look to http://rolist.free.fr/zelmani/live/

As i said, the quality isn't really good (window media streaming recorded on my PC, with some lags : i had to cut the blanks, so don't worry if few seconds missing sometimes ), but i'm enjoying to listen to it ...

I leave these sounds available until next monday or next tuesday. So, if you're intersted, hurry up :D

Elske
Administrator
Administrator

Sophie's concert

Post by Elske » 07 Nov 2003, 22:27

the site doesn't work.. :?

i'm so curious!
ww.always-sophie.com

LF
Real Sophie Fan
Real Sophie Fan

Sophie's concert

Post by LF » 07 Nov 2003, 23:46

[quote=""Elske""]the site doesn't work.. :?
i'm so curious![/quote]

Ouch ....
try again ... free.fr is not the best web-hoster :roll: (but it's free), and sometimes it just doesn't work ... and sometimes it's ok (i've just tried and it was OK).

If it's still unreachable this week end until next monday, i'll put the files in another host... but please have some new tries (is it english ? :oops: )
because i won't have neither time or access to the net this week end.

May the luck be with you

Elske
Administrator
Administrator

Sophie's concert

Post by Elske » 07 Nov 2003, 23:46

it just worked!
thank you so much! :D
ww.always-sophie.com

Elske
Administrator
Administrator

Sophie's concert

Post by Elske » 09 Nov 2003, 18:09

I love this Breeze-version!! :)

i like them all, new songs are good to!
ww.always-sophie.com