What do you think of the new album?

Everything about Sophie
zuperparanoid
Real Sophie Fan
Real Sophie Fan

Post by zuperparanoid » 02 Nov 2005, 14:31

For those of you who haven’t received the new album yet, here’s a little info.

First about the new songs:

“I Can’t Changeâ€

Rindert
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rindert » 02 Nov 2005, 18:53

To bad I don't have it yet.

I've just orderd the digipack version on cdon.com. I wondered what would be the difference between the two versions.

i hope i give my opinion very soon :)
its always you - www.always-sophie.com

LF
Real Sophie Fan
Real Sophie Fan

Post by LF » 04 Nov 2005, 21:44

I've just got it !!
(thank you cdon :wink: ).

The digipack is quite cool :

- The Anton Corbijn's introduction describes well how I first discover Sophie and her music :roll: : "i fell in love with the girl in the video. She look so gorgeous and full of melancholy .... i had fallen in love with the music which I realized had the same qualities I had attributed to her"

- Really interesting pictures ( I haven't got the first ones .. she's so cute)

- Sophie thoughs about her selection are pleasant to read, even if Sophie seems to take some distance with her firsts songs (i like the 'got to stop' comment ... cause i love this song, even if i didn't found the good whip in my case)

- The 3 new songs are really great (Our Love in a pure Sophie's style, and Bitter Kind in a way i'd like her to go further... and we've already spoke about I can't change)

- As zuperparanoid said, the So Long version is the same heard in some lives and i agree : better than Precious Burden version.

- I'm also more scepticious about Always You version, and after having read the Sophie's comment, i think that she could make something more ... more ... something :? But it's a good version too :lol:

So, now, this is the beginning of a long, durable and repetitive listening :D :shock: :lol: :wink: :P :cry: :wink: :shock:
about why loneliness follows me"

Rubis
Real Sophie Fan
Real Sophie Fan

Post by Rubis » 15 Nov 2005, 20:33

Hello guys!

Great surprise for me this evening.....I was going home after work, had some time to kill before to catch the bus,so I passed by a music store and dropped in to have a look.... I couldn't believe what I saw in front of my eyes :shock: : Sophie's new CD!

I hadn't expected that it would be released so early in Switzerland, I was hoping to buy it only in January 2006 :o ...

Other great surprise: on the CD jacket, there was written the date of the three concerts Sophie will perform in Switzerland, in February 2006!

So, here you can find it: http://www.sonybmg.ch/artists2.php?iA=6&artist=232760

Hope to see a lot of you at one of these concerts, maybe we could organize a fan meeting, why not!!!

My comments on the new CD: waouw, it's always a pleasure to listen to Sophie's old and new songs....Sophie's voice sounds a bit different than on the old CDs, that's normal I guess :wink: ! The new songs are a bit different than the usual Sophie's style, but that's just my humble opinion....anyhow, Sophie'songs are always a bliss :D

By the way, very nice pictures on the CD booklet and the CD jacket...

greetings from Heidiland :wink: ,

Rubis

Rubis
Real Sophie Fan
Real Sophie Fan

Post by Rubis » 15 Nov 2005, 20:50

P.S. actually, the release date for Switzerland was 4th November....I waited 12 days, in vain :roll:

I know, I shouldn't complain :oops: ......I have a thought for all the fans who will have to wait a longer time, cheer up :P !

roeschu
Junior Sophie Fan
Junior Sophie Fan

Post by roeschu » 25 Nov 2005, 11:08

can someone tell me if the new album got some special copyright protection? "Love Affair" got some sort copy right protection and i coulnd't play the cd neither in my car nor in my music player....it worked only in my pc...

zuperparanoid
Real Sophie Fan
Real Sophie Fan

Post by zuperparanoid » 25 Nov 2005, 11:38

[quote=""roeschu""]can someone tell me if the new album got some special copyright protection? "Love Affair" got some sort copy right protection and i coulnd't play the cd neither in my car nor in my music player....it worked only in my pc...[/quote]No copyright protection

Rubis
Real Sophie Fan
Real Sophie Fan

Post by Rubis » 25 Nov 2005, 22:03

I bought the cd in Switzerland and I can play it on my car radio without any problem,

bye,

Rubis

Juanito
Real Sophie Fan
Real Sophie Fan

Post by Juanito » 27 Dec 2005, 16:39

I'm impatient to listen of the new songs... :wink:
ho I am, you'll tell me.

Evianais7
Junior Sophie Fan
Junior Sophie Fan

At the second hearing...

Post by Evianais7 » 23 Jan 2006, 22:54

Elo everybody,

I finally got it (the new album).An album for fans
:D

The pictures are wonderfull (thx Anton Corbijn), especially the last one, on the back of the booklet : "sophie close to home". So still, so Sophie...
I just wondering what she is thinking about...

I think that the new songs are still in the "zelmani style". Anton Corbijn explain it with right words in the introduction. And i agree with him when he said that hering her sing .... hey, hey :twisted: :twisted: , just buy the the album and you will understand what i mean... :D

I quit appreciate the last song "our love" when the music seem to "fly away" at the end.

However, Always you (ten years later) is deceiving me. I miss the harmonica.

HANGING ON : 34 days before Vevey!!!
een there, done it...

qokyax
Junior Sophie Fan
Junior Sophie Fan

Post by qokyax » 24 Jan 2006, 00:39

I think we're all feeling strange about this new version of "always you", maybe because it was her first song, a lot of us have known her because of this one, and it sounds strange to hear it played this way.

But I think this version shows perfectly how much she's grown and become much more mature, musically speaking. Hearing her sing the same song ten years after shows how her music has changed from her first album, very pop-rock and young (but still wonderful, one of my favourite!) to her last one, much more intimate and deep.

I really appreciate this new version, because it sounds really like her now, like what we can hear in her last albums and her concerts. But for me it sounds like a different song from the first one. I'm trying not to compare them (I know it's difficult), and to listen to both of them. It's not like if the second one were here to replace the firts one, it's of course impossible (-: