German tour February 2006

All topics about Sophie on tour will be moved here.
Markus
Real Sophie Fan
Real Sophie Fan

Post by Markus » 26 Feb 2006, 14:52

I´ve found one more review in German. This time of the concert in Heidelberg. It´s one of the best reviews I have read so far. The reviewer, I think, felt in love with Sophies music. I have learned from the article that the location "Kalkscheune" is much bigger than the Prime Club in Köln which I visited. In the "Kalkscheune" , as the article says, there were more than 550 people.

Here is the review:

http://www.morgenweb.de/kultur/20060225 ... 05506.html

Markus
Real Sophie Fan
Real Sophie Fan

Post by Markus » 26 Feb 2006, 19:43

Sorry, I´ve made a mistake! The location of the Heidelberg concert, of course, wasn´t the "Kalkscheune", it was the Karlstorbahnhof.

Markus

Juanito
Real Sophie Fan
Real Sophie Fan

Post by Juanito » 27 Feb 2006, 12:57

Hey Rindert, that's so good, that you talk about the site. May be she will come by. It would be so great !!!

For the poster tour, I get one in Berlin. I took it before the show started, nice picture on it, but thanks for doing this that's kind of you !

Nice pictures also, I hope next time, I'll see you and some of you from the forum.
ho I am, you'll tell me.

Marsellus
New Sophie fan
New Sophie fan

Post by Marsellus » 05 Mar 2006, 19:22

Hello everybody!

Did someone of you take photos of the concert in München (Metropolis)?
It would be very nice to see them online.

And btw, has anyone got the setlist available?

Markus
Real Sophie Fan
Real Sophie Fan

Post by Markus » 05 Mar 2006, 19:36

Hello Marsellus!

Nice to have a new Sophie fan in the forum. :D

Though I did not visit the concert in Munich, I found a review of Sophies concert there. It also has two photos. You can find the link to the review at the following address: http://www.bright-eyes.de/

Markus

Marsellus
New Sophie fan
New Sophie fan

Post by Marsellus » 05 Mar 2006, 20:19

Thanks for the link, Markus. Nice review. Although a bit strange to see it on a site which describes itself "Dein tägliches Metal & Hardrock Magazin"...

Rindert
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rindert » 06 Mar 2006, 18:59

I also found an other review of the berlin concert on music-is-live.de/
And there are also pictures of the frankfurt concert on the same page, look in the gallery.
its always you - www.always-sophie.com

andreas@sophie
Junior Sophie Fan
Junior Sophie Fan

Post by andreas@sophie » 06 Mar 2006, 19:08

Hi Rindert,

music-is-live is our partner site in Germany. The review there is the short version of our long review on

http://www.lonereviewer.de

Here is the direct link:

http://www.lonereviewer.de/Konzertberic ... _2006.html

We will add some of your Cologne and Berlin photos in a few hours.

So long

Andreas

Juanito
Real Sophie Fan
Real Sophie Fan

Post by Juanito » 07 Mar 2006, 14:37

So bad, we didn't catch to the Berlin concert, Andreas.
I'm sure, that you was near me at the concert. I was in the 1st row just in front of Sophie.
May be next time with Rindert, how knows.
ho I am, you'll tell me.

andreas@sophie
Junior Sophie Fan
Junior Sophie Fan

Post by andreas@sophie » 07 Mar 2006, 17:26

[quote=""Juanito""]
I'm sure, that you was near me at the concert. I was in the 1st row just in front of Sophie.
[/quote]

Andre, Lars, and me have been second row, directly in front of the keyboards, only a few inchs away from the right-hand speakers ;-) and directly in front of the right wall .. and the heating ..

So long

Andreas

Juanito
Real Sophie Fan
Real Sophie Fan

Post by Juanito » 08 Mar 2006, 13:43

Well, may be next time, we will meet eachover.

By the way, I love Berlin, such a nice place !

Two years waiting...
ho I am, you'll tell me.

Rubis
Real Sophie Fan
Real Sophie Fan

Pix.....

Post by Rubis » 10 Mar 2006, 18:24

I just checked out the pix of the german tour & I saw your faces guys.....I tried to put a name on them, maybe I'm lucky :wink: ! Check the comment.....

Hope I'll be able to send a pix of me & Sophie to Rindert to put it in the gallery, hi, hi......it was in Geneva in 2004. But don't you think we should ask Sophie before to put this kind of pix on the internet? Or should it be in the only member section?

Have a nice w-e guys!

Tomorrow, I'll be at a concert of Skye Edwards (the former Morcheeba singer).....

See ya'

Rubis

Markus
Real Sophie Fan
Real Sophie Fan

Post by Markus » 10 Mar 2006, 19:10

Hi Rubis!

I have added the answer to your comment under the picture. :D

Hope you´ll enjoy the concert.

Markus

nau2000
Junior Sophie Fan
Junior Sophie Fan

Post by nau2000 » 12 Mar 2006, 02:30

Hi everybody!

It took me a long time to write some word about the Cologne gigs - I just have the excuse that I was travelling a lot for the past weeks...

So many great reviews have already been written - I like to add just some personal experiences:

So let´s start:
Equipped with some internet-print-outs of Cologne-city I started my way out of Duesseldorf and lost that early just after arriving in Cologne ...next time I´ll certainly buy a city-map :). That was the reason for being a bit late in meeting Rindert, brings, Markus and Bernd in front of the location.

Entering the first row I was happy and surprised about the small location - having seen Sophie last time 2004 in Luzern with ~ 1500 other people I was sure that the capacity would even be larger in Cologne. Apart from the nice atmosphere the big, big advantage was that Sophie and the band were just 2 meters away from us! As I never experienced to be in the first row before I almost felt inconvenient in being that close to Sophie (even more knowing her rather shy than explosive character...). I don´t know how it was for you but at the start I really didn´t dare to look too close into her eyes, being afraid that she will step back (even though sitting) and (irritated) stop singing :).

Well, I got used to it (and anyway listened half of the time with my eyes closed) and I think that Sophie might be more open than one may guess - at least she - yes - is interested in the audience and will have a lot to read in her "tour books" for the next weeks :lol: I had to wait until being the last to write some thoughts and stories in the book - and did so with reference to my girlfriend that went to the concert in Vienna (and of course my girlfriend also wrote into the book in Vienna with reference to me).

But back to the front row: When Lars (always incredible) started "floating" on his guitare and Sophie began to sing I just felt like on the couch in my livingroom - I really felt home - happy and pleased. "Home" for the reasons that:
- I was so close to the band (and so the location seemed even smaller)
- the songs accompanied my life so much during the past years
Just the crunching right loudspeaker to my right from time to time tore me out of my pleased condition. It might have been a bit slow for some moments and as always one will have missed some (old) songs - but alltogether the setlist was ok for me. The only complaint I would bring up is, that the setlists of her Scandinavian gigs use to be a bit longer than the ones in central Europe... means that next time we´ll have to go for Sweden :D

The sound was ok, the band as excellent as always (again and again I am astonished how fabulous Lars plays guitarre - just remembering his solo in Oh Dear...really great) and the audience was relaxed and friendly.
The non-plus-ultra of the concert was that Sophie even took up my wish of Nostalgia :lol:
As Rindert already mentioned we also had a lot of fun after the gig, talking to Thomas, Robert and Peter - and our photo session with Sophie and the band (just a pitty that Lars was already out). I really enjoyed this evening and meeting some other Sophie fans!

Cheers,
Martin

Markus
Real Sophie Fan
Real Sophie Fan

Post by Markus » 09 Apr 2006, 10:44

Hope I'll be able to send a pix of me & Sophie to Rindert to put it in the gallery, hi, hi......it was in Geneva in 2004. But don't you think we should ask Sophie before to put this kind of pix on the internet? Or should it be in the only member section?
Hi Rubis,

It really would be nice if you could post the picture of you and Sophie in the gallery. And now that you know our faces, it would be pretty fair, too, don´t you think? :wink:

With regard to the question if it would be better to ask Sophie first before putting pictures of her in the internet there are different aspects, I think.

First of all the legal ones. I´m not a lawyer, :wink: ,but I think, if the pictures were done with your camera by yourself or another fan, it shouldn´t be much of a problem. The pictures are yours. The second point is, that Sophie, of course, isn´t an "ordenary" person (of cousre only in legal matters) with "ordinary" rights, but a pop star. So if she is photographed at a concert, she isn´t a private person anymore. It may be a different matter, if pictures are taken after the concert (because then she could be considered as a private person), I´m not that sure, but Sophie allowed you to shoot the pictures, so it shouldn´t be a big problem to publish these pictures, either. And you are a fan. You don´t want to earn any money by publishing them or doing her any harm.

Of course it would be nicer to ask Sophie first. But, as I learned in this forum, it´s nearly impossible to contact her or the persons managing her. So how we could ask her?

These are only a few thoughts, and as I mentioned I´m not a lawyer. Another point is, that we all come from different countries with different laws. So what is allowed in one country, maybe isn´t in another one.

But I think, neither Sophie nor her company, Sony Music, really shouldn´t have any interest in forbitting these kind of pictures to be published by her fans on this site. I really think Sony Music knows how important such fansites as Rindert´s and Elske´s are for the commercial success of it´s artists.
At least I hope. :wink:

See you
Markus