New album called "Decade of Dreams", out in Novemb

Everything about Sophie
pgw3

Post by pgw3 » 17 Sep 2005, 11:40

Hi!

As previoulsy reported Sophie Zelmani will release an album in November "Decade of Dreams" along with a new single "I Can't Change". But it seems that it will be a Greatest Hits/Best Of album with some new songs. You can read the (short) news here: http://www.svd.se/dynamiskt/noje/did_10558219.asp

A quick translation (for those of you who don't read Swedish):
Sophie Zelmani releases collection

Sophie Zelmani will release a record in November with partly selected songs from earlier albums, partly news songs and newly recorded material. The album, which is called "Decade of dreams", will have a single before it, "I Can't Change".

This year it is ten years since Sophie Zelmani released her first single "Always You". Since then she has released four albums [an obvious error from the journalist].

Cheers,

Peter

Halbermensch
Real Sophie Fan
Real Sophie Fan

Post by Halbermensch » 17 Sep 2005, 14:55

Thanks for sharing the info. Would have preferred a new full lenght album, but this is atleast something.

Rindert
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rindert » 17 Sep 2005, 20:00

Thanks Peter for this great news :)

I also would have liked a full new album, but there are also some new songs on the album and the new single i really wanne try to buy! :D

I also hope this new album is a reason for sophie to go on a world tour :P
An european tour wold also be nice, i sure wanne see Sophie live again :) Maybe in 2006 of even 2005 :)

Rindert
its always you - www.always-sophie.com

zuperparanoid
Real Sophie Fan
Real Sophie Fan

Post by zuperparanoid » 06 Oct 2005, 18:08

The tracklist for "A Decade Of Dreams 1995 - 2005" is now available. Follow this link to see it; www.sophie-zelmani.com

What do you think of the tracks? I think it has many surprises... "To Know You" and "Fade" is the only songs from her latest album (Love Affair). Songs like "Maja's song" and "Hard to know" is not included. I also thought that songs like "Sing And Dance" and "Yes I Am" would be obvious choices, but they're not included either. And it's not usual to include epics like "Oh dear" and "Got to stop" into a compilation album, but they ARE there!

However, I am very excited about new album, and I can't wait to hear the new songs and remixes.

Halbermensch
Real Sophie Fan
Real Sophie Fan

Post by Halbermensch » 07 Oct 2005, 02:04

I find 'Oh Dear' to be rather boring and would've replaced it with for instance 'Stay with my Heart' or 'Dream get's Clear'.
I'd also replace 'People' with 'Fire (single version)' or curtain fall.

Cd would've been released as a SACD hybrid disc.
On the exclusive edition I'd add all the videos + all tracks once again but this time in 24bit PCM.

Rubis
Real Sophie Fan
Real Sophie Fan

Post by Rubis » 07 Oct 2005, 20:22

Thanks zuperparanoid for this great info!

I tried to guess the tracklist before to see it and I wasn't surprised that Oh dear was on the tracklist, even though it's really quiet, this song is one of my favourite of Sophie. On the other hand, I was surprised not to see Time to kill, Breeze and Fire. Finally, I would not have thought that songs like Fade and Loosing you would appear on the album.

Anyway, it's nice to know which songs are Sophie's favourite, isn'it? Is it right, that she choosed her favorite songs to appear on the album?

Anyhow, I'm so excited about this new album: I can't wait to discover the new songs and the remix :D

Cheers,

Rubis

zuperparanoid
Real Sophie Fan
Real Sophie Fan

Post by zuperparanoid » 07 Oct 2005, 23:35

[quote=""Rubis""]Is it right, that she choosed her favorite songs to appear on the album?
[/quote]
Yes, if we can trust the press-release (and I hope we can...), are the songs on the album Sophie’s own favourites. My personal favourites of Sophie might be "Curtain Fall". But we all have different tastes in music and we all have our own favourites, we can't get everything we want. Sophie's "problem" is that she has too many great songs, but she had to pick out only 18! I'm sure all the songs, including the new ones, are great!