NEW WEBSITE!!! (www.sophie-zelmani.com)

Everything about Sophie
zuperparanoid
Real Sophie Fan
Real Sophie Fan

Post by zuperparanoid » 30 Oct 2004, 17:09

Good news! A new website for Sophie has been created. Some of you might have seen it for a while now, but first now we can call it finished! So please add us to your favorites, and tell everybody about us! The new website will be co-operating with the owner of this site, and we will be using the same forum as this. Rindert and Elske have done a great job with this site, and we will surely not try to compete with them! (We are not rivals, of course. All Sophie-fans are friends, right?) But we will also have a few suprises for you. And to celebrate the new site, we have added something special for you... But hurry, this might be a limited offer only! So please visit our site now!
http://www.sophie-zelmani.com

roeschu
Junior Sophie Fan
Junior Sophie Fan

Post by roeschu » 01 Nov 2004, 11:20

Very nice site, congrats.

greets

Z
Junior Sophie Fan
Junior Sophie Fan

Post by Z » 08 Nov 2004, 06:46

Good site, I like it. Well done.

Thanx for the bonus too, much appreciated. Nice cover as well.

Rindert
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rindert » 10 Nov 2004, 17:14

Hello Zuperparanoid,

Nice website.
Very cool you found lots of cd's where Sophies songs an be found. very nice.
But I wanted to say avout the 'Rare songs' CD. i think you gave 'new fans' the impresson that sophie released this album. But i far is as i know this is not the case. I think it cold bes wise to say it somewere.

Is it alricht with you if I put your pictures on my site? (with credits ofcourse)

Rindert
its always you - www.always-sophie.com

zuperparanoid
Real Sophie Fan
Real Sophie Fan

Post by zuperparanoid » 10 Nov 2004, 21:44

Hi Rindert,
Yes I think you're right, Sophie has naturally never released an album called "Rare songs". Old fans know, but new fans don't. I will edit it soon. Thanks for making me aware of it.
About the pictures, of course you can put them on your site. You don't even have to ask. I'm just thankful that we can have this forum in common.

[quote=""Rindert""]Hello Zuperparanoid,

Nice website.
Very cool you found lots of cd's where Sophies songs an be found. very nice.
But I wanted to say avout the 'Rare songs' CD. i think you gave 'new fans' the impresson that sophie released this album. But i far is as i know this is not the case. I think it cold bes wise to say it somewere.

Is it alricht with you if I put your pictures on my site? (with credits ofcourse)

Rindert[/quote]

zwikker

Post by zwikker » 11 Nov 2004, 06:27

Stupid question...

What is the reason to have two ALMOST the same pages that include ALMOST the same information?:)

Maybe it is more easy to sustain just one and fill it with fresh info?

Sorry:)

zuperparanoid
Real Sophie Fan
Real Sophie Fan

Post by zuperparanoid » 13 Nov 2004, 19:47

I know it may seem pointless to you, but there’s actually several reasons… First, we all love Sophie’s music and we all want to support her. Unfortunately there’s only a few websites about her, and her official site is just a tragedy. I’m sorry to say it, but how often have you seen an update there? Anyway, then I first heard about Sophie and tried to find some information about her, I had to search a long time before I finally found this great site that Rindert and Elske were responsible for. Finally had I found an active and updated site about Sophie, but I thought it was too bad if this was the only active site on the Internet. (If you know other active sites about our favourite artist, please let us know…)
Then I found out that this domain name (www.sophie-zelmani.com) was unused, I started planning a new fansite right away. Hopefully this will make it easier for other fans to find information about Sophie. We all want to show Sophie that there are a lot of people out there that really care about her, right? Even more sites, even better! We’re not here to compete, but to complementary each other. There are also other reasons, like geographical reasons. Rindert and Elske are based in the Netherlands, me and my assists are based in Norway / Sweden.
[quote=""zwikker""]Stupid question...

What is the reason to have two ALMOST the same pages that include ALMOST the same information?:)

Maybe it is more easy to sustain just one and fill it with fresh info?

Sorry:)[/quote]

zwikker

Post by zwikker » 15 Nov 2004, 11:33

zuperparanoid, first of all I want to say that I dont want to "sweep you off your feet", I just want to express my point of view. If you find it useful, it would help "to support Sophie" from the site. If you find it nonsense - just forget about it:)

So!

[quote=""zuperparanoid""]First, we all love Sophie’s music and we all want to support her. Unfortunately there’s only a few websites about her[/quote]

Yes,we all like, love, adore etc her. BUT I dont think that our love honour, esteem, respect is equal to number of sites dedicated to her. I think it is better to create and sustain one good site, than to have 10 of them. How many sites of Chris de Burgh do you know? I know just www.cdeb.com and I can find EVERYTHING there. Just in one place! Bingo!

[quote=""zuperparanoid""]and her official site is just a tragedy[/quote]

Is there an official site? Wow! Never seen it.

[quote=""zuperparanoid""]but I thought it was too bad if this was the only active site on the Internet.[/quote]

I dont think it is too bad. The bad think is to duplicate the same info in different sources. It is very difficult to update and support it. "Only one" is not the problem, the problem is to have the latest and full info.

I can understand when you spent much time online searching for any site about SZ, but that is not fault of the site itself. It is not good advertized.

[quote=""zuperparanoid""]Even more sites, even better![/quote]

No:) Even more INFO, even better!

[quote=""zuperparanoid""]There are also other reasons, like geographical reasons. Rindert and Elske are based in the Netherlands, me and my assists are based in Norway / Sweden.[/quote]

But the Netherlands are so close to Sweden! I live in Korea now and from Seoul both countries look like a small dot for me:)

LF
Real Sophie Fan
Real Sophie Fan

Post by LF » 16 Nov 2004, 16:00

Hi everybody !

Two websites ? I'm ok with that, because I know the pleasure of making his own website about his favorite woman singer :wink:

Rightly, i'm trying to work on my website about sophie (no anorher one : the mine is in French :roll: )

I wanted to know if I could take some ressources from yours, when my site will be ready.
about why loneliness follows me"

zuperparanoid
Real Sophie Fan
Real Sophie Fan

Post by zuperparanoid » 17 Nov 2004, 19:54

Hello Zvikker,
I appreciate your opinion, and I can partly agree with you. But I don't think anyone at our sites want to quit. We at http://www.sophie-zelmani.com do this of two main reasons; 1) we want to supply serious and reliable information about our favourite artist. 2) We love our work. I guess you can call it our hobby…

And I don't think Rindert and Elske will give up their work either, and I really hope they won't. I understand you don't want several sites, you just want more info. That's fair enough, but we all try to have as much info as possible. If you think our sites are too similar, and you can’t support both, well, what can I say…, support the site you like best. Of course we both want you to support our sites, but I still think several sites is the best way to be available for as many fans as possible. But as I said, I appreciate your opinion :D

And to you LF:
No problem for me if you want to use information etc from our site. Hope we can do the same from your site if you have something we don’t have…? Look forward to see your site!

hervelam
Junior Sophie Fan
Junior Sophie Fan

Post by hervelam » 10 Dec 2004, 15:09

Hi!

I've seen this new site, downloaded the concert, and even burnt it. Thank you very much. It's brilliant! amazing! I couldn't believe Sophie was that good in concert too! She manages both to stay what she is, and to give something different from the studio recordings. That makes me (again) wish wish wish I could see her live one day.

Good night.
HervE
japprecie | music to live through: http://japprecie.raidghost.com/en

zuperparanoid
Real Sophie Fan
Real Sophie Fan

Post by zuperparanoid » 10 Mar 2005, 22:50

New downloads for a short period only! http://www.sophie-zelmani.com

Halbermensch
Real Sophie Fan
Real Sophie Fan

Post by Halbermensch » 13 Mar 2005, 02:10

If you have "Most Inconvenient Time" in a good version, make sure to upload it to your excellent website. :wink:

Halbermensch
Real Sophie Fan
Real Sophie Fan

Post by Halbermensch » 13 Mar 2005, 02:18

Btw, only 1MB of "05-A Thousand Times (Remix)" is uploaded.

zuperparanoid
Real Sophie Fan
Real Sophie Fan

Post by zuperparanoid » 13 Mar 2005, 17:09

[quote=""Halbermensch""]Btw, only 1MB of "05-A Thousand Times (Remix)" is uploaded.[/quote] Thanks for making me aware of it. It should be fixed now...