Tour

All topics about Sophie on tour will be moved here.
zuperparanoid
Real Sophie Fan
Real Sophie Fan

Tour

Post by zuperparanoid » 16 Mar 2004, 17:31

Anybody who have attended one or more of Sophie's concerts in March? It would love to hear how the concert was, which songs were played etc. I will see her in Oslo the last day in March, and I promise to write a short "review" after that. But it would be interesting if someone would let me know what I will be expecting in Oslo... Thanks.

Rindert
Administrator
Administrator

Tour

Post by Rindert » 17 Mar 2004, 19:30

I wonder about that too....
Those concerts are sold out, but i never found a really active Sophie fan group on the internet or something. Where are those people telling thier storries about the concerts? Anyone got a link for me?

It's still not sure if i can go to one of the concerts, but if i can I sure will wrtie a review here!
its always you - www.always-sophie.com

zuperparanoid
Real Sophie Fan
Real Sophie Fan

Tour

Post by zuperparanoid » 05 Apr 2004, 00:01

Oslo, Norway, March 31st, 2004:

I promised to tell you about Sophie's concert in Oslo, so here's the story:

First I have to say that Sophie Zelmani is not very known here in Norway. I am probably the only person that has heard about her in this country. So would I be the only one that come to see her? Well, I didn't really think so. First; I would bring with me a friend (so I wouldn't be the only one...) and second; I suppose the concert would have been cancelled if they had sold only a few tickets. However, I was sure we wouldn't be many. The time wasn't the best either. Who would come to see an unknown artist a Wednesday night, and you have to be at work or school the next day? I wouldn't have done it, if I wasn't a huge fan...

But to my surprise, a lot of people came. Some of them had probably heard "Going home" on radio, but I think most of the crowd didn't have any idea about what they were going to hear. Sophie certainly know that she hasn't sold many records in this country, so I think she got surprised by the large amount of people too.

Well, enough blah, blah, blah... How was the concert? I guess it's not necessary to say, but it was great. Even my friend, that usually doesn't listen to such kind of music, thought the concert was great. Sophie's careful voice is so beautiful, and her band were doing great as well. They did a killer-version of "How's your heart doing", which probably was the biggest surprise that evening. But I was also impressed over Sohpie's talent to get a full crowd (that probably never had heard her songs before), to sing along on the chorus to "Yes I am". It's not the hardest word to remember then..., but it was nice to hear everybody sing along.

The setlist was as follow:
1. Leaving
2. To know you
3. Hard to know
4. Maja's song
5. Sing and dance
6. How's your heart doing
7. Got to stop
8. Fade
9. Memories
10. Precious burden
11. Keep it to yourself
12. Yes I am
13. Going home
14. I'd be broken
15. September tears
16. So long
-----------------
17. Truth
18. Dreamer
19. Breeze
-----------------
20. Oh dear

Personally I think this was 20 good songs, but not her 20 best. I would have loved to hear songs like, "Curtain fall", "Gone so long", "Dream gets clear" and "Lost in love". We didn't get any of these songs, but thank you so much for a wonderful night, Sophie. Hope you'll be coming back again, soon. Thanks again.

Rubis
Real Sophie Fan
Real Sophie Fan

Tour

Post by Rubis » 08 Apr 2004, 09:03

Thanks so much Superparanoid for your report of Sophie's concert !!!!! It's really great !

I'm going to see Sophie in Geneva on 17 April and I can't wait to be there :lol: . I'll also post a report afterwards.

See ya!

Rindert
Administrator
Administrator

Tour

Post by Rindert » 15 Apr 2004, 19:59

Hello everyone,

Last tuesday is was finally 13th of april, the day that Sophie would perform in Köln(Cologne). Elske had I had planned a trip to Köln to go and visit Sophie. After about 4 hours in the train we arrived in Köln.

We first thing was to find our hostel and after that we wold go find some dinner(McDonalds that is :wink: ) and then we went looking for the Prime Club. While walking though Köln we found a few tour-posters of the Germany tour of Sophie. We found the Prime about 7 o clock, and heard something of a soundcheck trough the open doors :) But unfortunalty we coundn't see Sophie. We decided to go for a coffee becasue the doors wouldn't be open till 8.
We also wonderd how many people would come to see the concert, but when we went back to the Prime Club we where still the only two waiting there. But after 2 min, more people showed up. About 10min before the doors would open there was really something that looked like a line waitng to go inside. :)

When the doors opened (1 minute late ;)) Elske and I where the first to enter. We found ourselfs a nice spot in front row :D. While waiting for the concert to begin (that would start over 1 hour), we talked a litte with our neigbours in front and second row who also where big fans of Sophie. We also made contact with someone who has tapped the whole concert! I really hope those recordings are nice :)

We had to wait a little before Sophie came on stage, but the extra 20 min of waiting were worth it! It really was a great concert! I don't have a complete playlist. but if I look look at the playlist of Oslo I think it mostly the same.
In Köln Sophie also asked us to sing a long with 'Yes I am'. It was very nice. It sure was a very beautifull concert. The song I liked the most is 'Dreamer'. And there are also a few song that i would like to hear Sophie sing; 'Black Day', 'Always you', 'A thousand times'.

During the last song Sophie started to give signatures. After she signed the bookled of Elske the had to sing again and I count get one :( But from the look in her face I understood that she would come back.... and she did :D I was so happy! I now have s signed 'Love affair'album!! :D

I really was a wonderfull evening! I wound missed it for a million! (€ that is :wink: ) It really was worth the eight hours in the train!

I really hope she will come back again, to germany of even better, to The Netherlands :)

I almost forgot to say, I 've made about 70 pictures during the concert. I will post some of them on the site really soon.

Thanks Sophie! Hope to see you again!

Rubis
Real Sophie Fan
Real Sophie Fan

Tour

Post by Rubis » 16 Apr 2004, 16:06

Waooouuuww! That's so cool that you and Elske went finally to a concert of Sophie!! I'm really happy that you manage to go to Köln. I can't wait to see your pictures :roll: !

After the concert of tomorrow in Geneva I'll post a little report :D !

See ya and viva Sophie!

ulukai555
Junior Sophie Fan
Junior Sophie Fan

Tour

Post by ulukai555 » 18 Apr 2004, 11:25

hi everybody

i am so happy, i have see Sophie yesterday to Geneva with Rubis it was very very nice

i have make two hour's car for go to Geneva whit three friends and when i am arrived (i dont know the word) to Geneva woohoo very hard with the car it was 20H30 and the door opengin to 21H i have search and phone to rubis for found the after i have ask to two people where is and we be beside the concert so we have park the car and go to concert woha the luck it is 20H55 i'am phon to Rubis for found in the people and 2 minute before the opening i have find Rubis she was near the door and after he have open the door and we be at the first place wonderfull thank you Rubis...
and to 10 hours the concert has commencing. Many many emotion and we have alos sing to yes i am ,very nice
So it was a very very good concert thank you Sophie i loooove your song.

wow very very hard to descript my envening in english Rubis will make a better descrit i think...
lukai555

ulukai555
Junior Sophie Fan
Junior Sophie Fan

Tour

Post by ulukai555 » 18 Apr 2004, 11:28

[quote=""ulukai555""]hi everybody

i am so happy, i have see Sophie yesterday to Geneva with Rubis it was very very nice

i have make two hour's car for go to Geneva whit three friends and when i am arrived (i dont know the word) to Geneva woohoo very hard with the car it was 20H30 and the door opengin to 21H i have search and phone to rubis for found the "concert" after i have ask to two people where is and we be beside the concert so we have park the car and go to concert woha the luck it is 20H50 i'am phon to Rubis for found in the people and 2 minute before the opening i have find Rubis she was near the door and after he have open the door and we be at the first place wonderfull thank you Rubis...
and to 10 hours the concert has commencing. Many many emotion and we have alos sing to yes i am ,very nice
So it was a very very good concert thank you Sophie i loooove your song.

wow very very hard to descript my envening in english Rubis will make a better descrit i think...[/quote]
lukai555

Gab
New Sophie fan
New Sophie fan

Tour

Post by Gab » 18 Apr 2004, 15:20

Hi everybody,

Yesterday I went to Geneva to see Sophie and it was fantastic ton sing Yes I am with her... :D

The setlist was the same of zuperparanoid...

I think it was a thousand people to see her in Geneva and when she sang no one spoke to hear her indescribable voice... :D

Has someone taken some photos or record this concert in Geneva?

Hope to see you again Sophie... :wink:

Sorry Rubis I forgot to take your phone number but I hoped that you recognize me... It doesn't matter, it was a fantastic evening!

Peace!

Zeiram
New Sophie fan
New Sophie fan

Tour

Post by Zeiram » 18 Apr 2004, 15:26

Hello everyone.

I also went to Geneva last night. As always with Ms. Zelmani, it was an excellent concert... But as I'm not good with words, I won't be able to tell you much about it ;)

I took my trusty camera with me yesterday, and shot a few pictures (65... I've never shot so many pictures of a show in five years...) And not all of them were bad, I was surprised! I've just finished uploading a selection of them on my website: http://www.mudry.org/eengine/ There's even a comments and rating system there if you want to say something about the pics.
Note: this selection was quickly made, no picture was reworked before uploading, not even cropped... So, quite a few of them should not even be allowed to appear on a website under normal circumstances. But I wanted to upload them asap.

Zeiram
New Sophie fan
New Sophie fan

Tour

Post by Zeiram » 18 Apr 2004, 15:32

[quote=""Gab""]I think it was a thousand people to see her in Geneva[/quote] No, there weren't so many people... The venue capacity is 900, and it wasn't sold out yesterday. (Having gone to a few shows there that were sold out, I would say there was about 700 people yesterday.)

ulukai555
Junior Sophie Fan
Junior Sophie Fan

Tour

Post by ulukai555 » 18 Apr 2004, 18:34

thank you very mutch for the pictures
lukai555

Zeiram
New Sophie fan
New Sophie fan

Tour

Post by Zeiram » 19 Apr 2004, 19:13

[quote=""ulukai555""]thank you very mutch for the pictures[/quote]Yeah... I already saw that you used them on another forum... :?

Rindert
Administrator
Administrator

Tour

Post by Rindert » 21 Apr 2004, 17:56

[quote=""Zeiram""]Yeah... I already saw that you used them on another forum... :?[/quote]

Is it alright with you if we use your pictures on our site?
I think I'm gonna set up a more advanced gallery to. And ofcourse you will get all the credits you deserve for the pictures. They are very nice :)

Rubis
Real Sophie Fan
Real Sophie Fan

Tour

Post by Rubis » 24 Apr 2004, 09:17

Hello everybody!

As I promised here's my report of Sophie's marvellous concert in Geneva. I hope you'll enjoy it!

The doors were due to open at 9 p.m. With blunenight(my sister :lol: ) we arrived there at 8.30 p.m. We were really lucky 'cause we were staying in Geneva by our aunt, and it was just 5 minutes walk from there to the concert hall :lol: . There were already some people waiting in front of the concert hall, but we manage to be just next to the doors. Little by little more people arrived and at 9 a.m. there was already a big crowd. Just before to go in, we met ulukai555 who was there with some friends. When the door opened, we ran to the first row and waited there until the beginning of the concert. Bluenight , ulukai555 and I were just in front of the chair where Sophie was supposed to sit :o ! While waiting I started to talk with a boy next to me. He was a french fan of Sophie, coming especially from Paris to see her live :P :P :P ! I told him about the french site of LF and about your site www.always-sophie.com. He was amazed that there where other fans of Sophie in France! As Sophie was not touring in his country he had to travel to Switzerland to see her live.

He told me that he would like to meet Sophie after the concert and that he was gonna wait outside next to her coach. I thought it was a great idea and planned to go with him afterwards.

At about 10 p.m. Sophie and her band arrived on the stage and began the concert. The setlist was the same as in Köln except for the first song: it was "My". Sophie seemed to be more confident than she was for her last two concert in french-speaking Switzerland. She was smiling and she seemed to feel quite comfortable on the stage. The audience was always applauding very loud and long after each song. I guess everybody was charmed by her quiet and sweet voice and by the great talent of all the band!
Several times there was somebody in the crowd speaking words loud in Swedish but I didn't understand what he was saying (altough I'm starting to learn a little bit swedish :wink:) . Sophie answered thank you and seemed quite embarrassed :oops: ... After thanking us she added many times that she felt happy to be there with us :lol: .

At some point she introduced the band and herself. About herself she only said : "I'm from Sweden..".

Around the end of the concert I started to shout : " We love you Sophie !!!" and she answered " I love you too " " I would never leave..." It was really moving....

Apart from those little anectodes I guess the concert was pretty much the same as the concert she gave all along her tour in Europe. The stage setting was the same : a carpet on the floor, candles and an little table with a glass of wine (or some red-colored liquid :wink: ).
One of the songs I prefered was the song where she played harmonica....I don't remember which one, shame on me :oops: !!! I think it's "Breeze". It sounds so nice, so peaceful...I can't find the words to express the way you feel by listening to Sophie singing, but I can try :it feels like someone's carressing your heart...Well, kind of' :roll:

Another song I really enjoyed was "So long", I love the rythme of this song, you'll get kind of surprised by listening to it 'cause at a point the music gets quieter and quieter, so you think the song is finished and suddenly it resumes very loud.... :P ! How cooool!!

Sophie and her band left the stage for the last time at about 11.45 p.m.
Something I regret during the concert is the fact that there was a background noise. We could hear people talking and there was some noise coming from the bar of the concert hall which stayed open during the concert. That's a pity 'cause as Sophie's singing very quietly and this noise was disturbing. In Vevey the audience was completely silent and that made Sophie's little voice more touching.... Another bad marks goes to the quality of the sound: the bass were sometimes too loud and we couldn't really appreciate Sophie's voice. But appart from that it's always a pleasure to "Sing and dance" with you Sophie :wink: !

After the concert bluenight, [i]ulukai555, the boy from Paris and I had a drink at the bar. Then ulukai555 had to leave and so we stayed outside of the concert hall next to the coach of Sophie's band. We waited there together with bluenight and the boy from Paris a long time. We talked with the driver and he told us Sophie was gonna come soon. Then other fans joined us. Actually two of them where also from Paris and the two other one were from Geneva. One of the boy was a fan of Sophie since the beginning: he was in Sweden when Sophie' first album went out.

Short before 2 a.m. Sophie finally appeared with Lars Halapi. All of us were quite embarrassed and didn't know really what to say :oops: Sophie said :" Oh, you've been waiting long..." She seemed to be sorry... Then some of us started to speak with Lars. He was really cool and enthusiastic, he also spoke in French quite fluently :lol: ! I was surprised! He had a camera with him and he asked us if he could take pictures of all of us !! And so did he :lol: ! That was really fun 'cause normally it's the opposite that happens! Some of us were also speaking with Sophie. When it was my turn I told her how thankful I was for her music ! I congratulated her and encouraged her to keep on singing and composing like she's doing know....She told me "thank you" ...

Then we took some picture with her and Lars ! What a luck! I still can't believe we did it....

Finally Sophie and Lars had to leave to get some sleep, and so had we !

Here's the end of my report. I hope you managed to read it till the end and sorry for the length :shock: !

See ya!