Tour

All topics about Sophie on tour will be moved here.
Rubis
Real Sophie Fan
Real Sophie Fan

More concerts in Summer 2004

Post by Rubis » 24 Apr 2004, 10:46

Guess what ! Sophie's gonna perform in some festival this summer in Sweden and Switzerland. Infos on http://www.unitedstage.se

Rindert
Administrator
Administrator

Tour

Post by Rindert » 24 Apr 2004, 13:28

That is very good news Rubis :) Thanks for the info about the upcomming shows.

And also your review af the concert. Really nice to read again about a concert. it really made me think of my trip to Köln togher with Elske. If I'd get the chance I'm sure I would do it again!

Very cool 8) that youve spoken with Sophie :D I now wish we did the same :(

I sure hope I can see Sophie sometime again. All those memories of the concerts make me felle like going again! :)
To bad my vacation is going to Norway this year and not to Sweden :(
its always you - www.always-sophie.com

Rubis
Real Sophie Fan
Real Sophie Fan

Tour

Post by Rubis » 24 Apr 2004, 16:43

Hi Rindert!

I'm sure you'll manage to talk with Sophie once :) Lars told us that there will be hopefully a new album in Spring 2005, so Sophie might be touring again next year!

Sorry but I don't understand what you mean by vacation???

See ya!

zuperparanoid
Real Sophie Fan
Real Sophie Fan

Tour

Post by zuperparanoid » 24 Apr 2004, 19:15

A big thanks to all who have contributed with reviews and pictures from Sophie's concerts. Everytime I read a concert-review of Sophie (or see pictures), it reminds me of the great time I had in Oslo on March 31st. I think we all enjoyed the concerts, and hopefully we all will be able to see her again. If someone have a videotape, audiotape, DVD, MD (or whatever...) of Sohpie's concerts, would you PLEASE get in touch with me? I want something like that so bad... Thanks a lot!

And Rindert; you don't have to be sorry that your vacation will be in Norway this year... Norway is a wonderful country, and I'm sure you'll enjoy the time you're here! Well, I understand what you mean, since Sophie will be playing at a Swedish festival... But where in Norway are you going? Maybe the distance to Sweden isn't that far...? I guess it's worth a try to find out...

[quote=""Rindert""]That is very good news Rubis :) Thanks for the info about the upcomming shows.

And also your review af the concert. Really nice to read again about a concert. it really made me think of my trip to Köln togher with Elske. If I'd get the chance I'm sure I would do it again!

Very cool 8) that youve spoken with Sophie :D I now wish we did the same :(

I sure hope I can see Sophie sometime again. All those memories of the concerts make me felle like going again! :)
To bad my vacation is going to Norway this year and not to Sweden :([/quote]

nau2000
Junior Sophie Fan
Junior Sophie Fan

tour 2004

Post by nau2000 » 25 Apr 2004, 09:44

Hi everybody!

It´s a pitty not being able to get to (at least) one concert of Sophie´s tour 2004 (still hoping she will make it someday to Austria too...) but it really helps a lot to read your posts about the concerts - thank you!

If anybody has any audio material of the current tour I´d really also be interested - please contact me for eg. trade.

Looking forward to a wonderful festival season this year I´m right now in choosing a second big festival in Europe (fix is Rock Werchter so far - anybody going there?) and Hultsfred is definately worth a thought.

Rindert
Administrator
Administrator

Tour

Post by Rindert » 26 Apr 2004, 00:50

[quote=""zuperparanoid""]
And Rindert; you don't have to be sorry that your vacation will be in Norway this year... Norway is a wonderful country, and I'm sure you'll enjoy the time you're here! Well, I understand what you mean, since Sophie will be playing at a Swedish festival... But where in Norway are you going? Maybe the distance to Sweden isn't that far...? I guess it's worth a try to find out...
[/quote]

Offcourse i'm not sorry I'm going to Norway this year. I'm also sure it will be a very nice country! It was Just for Sophie I was saying it. I think I will visit Sweden one day. But not this year I think :(
I'm Going to Rondane, I'm gonna do a walking vacation there. So if I wanna go to Sweden I think I'll have to walk very far :?

And for Rusibs: vacation is the same as an holiday.

I haved heard something again from the man who has 'taped'(MD'ed as you like) the concert in Köln I'm wating for his answer... Hpe it will come soon....

Rubis
Real Sophie Fan
Real Sophie Fan

Tour

Post by Rubis » 26 Apr 2004, 16:56

Thanks for the explanation Rindert :)

Zeiram
New Sophie fan
New Sophie fan

Tour

Post by Zeiram » 02 May 2004, 14:22

[quote=""Rindert""][quote=""Zeiram""]Yeah... I already saw that you used them on another forum... :?[/quote]Is it alright with you if we use your pictures on our site?
I think I'm gonna set up a more advanced gallery to. And ofcourse you will get all the credits you deserve for the pictures. They are very nice :)[/quote]Sorry for the "über" long time for my reply. I've been too much busy the past two weeks to take time and reply to your question.
Yes, you can use them, but with a few restrictions: 1) Do not link directly to the images, copy them on your server (but this is obvious, of course); 2) please, do not use the large size of my pictures (I still need some "added value" on my site ;) ); 3) with the credits, please provide a link to either the (ugly) front page of my website, or to the entrance of the galleries (the link I posted) but not directly to the Sophie gallery.
If you respect those rules, I have no problem with your using the pictures :)

Rindert
Administrator
Administrator

Tour

Post by Rindert » 06 May 2004, 17:38

[quote=""Zeiram""]Sorry for the "über" long time for my reply. I've been too much busy the past two weeks to take time and reply to your question.
Yes, you can use them, but with a few restrictions: 1) Do not link directly to the images, copy them on your server (but this is obvious, of course); 2) please, do not use the large size of my pictures (I still need some "added value" on my site ;) ); 3) with the credits, please provide a link to either the (ugly) front page of my website, or to the entrance of the galleries (the link I posted) but not directly to the Sophie gallery.
If you respect those rules, I have no problem with your using the pictures :)[/quote]

Thanks Zeiram!
I've added your medium-sized pictures to the gallery with a link to your own site.
Thank you very much!

Juanito
Real Sophie Fan
Real Sophie Fan

Tour

Post by Juanito » 12 May 2004, 15:28

This is the first time I'm writing in this forum,thanks to you Rubis. I'm the french guy (in fact I'm living in the surbubs of Paris) who waited with her after the concert at Geneva. It's was one of the best moment of my life :D the concert, the music, Sophie and her fans (Rubis, ...).
May be I'll do it again in Luzern in July.
ho I am, you'll tell me.

zuperparanoid
Real Sophie Fan
Real Sophie Fan

Tour

Post by zuperparanoid » 10 Aug 2004, 12:55

Gröna Lund, Stockholm, Sweden, 08/08-2004:

Would 9 hours of travelling be worth a 65 minutes concert with 13 songs? Well, of course I wish the concert would have lasted longer, but yes, it was definitely worth it.

From beginning to end, Sophie and her musicians delivered the goods. They are so good – all of them! I have to admit that I recorded the entire show (audio only), and now I’m listen to it over and over again. I feel a little guilty here, ‘cause it wasn’t allowed to record or film the concert. But to my defence, I didn’t know that until the show was over. Since the concert was in an amusement park (were people use video cameras a lot), I thought it wouldn’t be any restrictions for recording concerts etc. I was wrong… However, now I am very happy to have this recording, ‘cause it bring back all the good memories…

Luckily it wasn’t any restrictions for taking pictures through the concert, so I took good care of this opportunity to get even more memories from the concert. I am about to start a new fan site of Sophie on the Internet (www.sophie-zelmani.com), it’s not ready yet, but you will see the pictures there soon… I will let you know (in this forum), when the site is ready…

Then the concert was finished, me and a few other fans waited for Sophie, and needles to say; we met her! I told her how great the concert was, and I asked if she had started planning a new album yet. Unfortunately no, but she wanted to release more. But it will certainly take time… She looked actually a little bit tired, but she was kind enough to talk with the fans, pose for pictures, etc. And before she left, she had signed all of my CDs. My day couldn’t have been any better! Even the weather was perfect that day!

Here’s the setlist:

1. To know you
2. Hard to know
3. Maja’s song
4. Got to stop
5. Fade
6. Memories
7. Breeze
8. Stand by
9. Dreamer
10. Happier man
11. Oh dear
12. Going home
------------------
13. Truth

All the songs were great, but I loved especially “Hard to knowâ€

zuperparanoid
Real Sophie Fan
Real Sophie Fan

Tour

Post by zuperparanoid » 16 Aug 2004, 19:25

I just wanted to tell you that I also was able to see Sophie’s last concert on this tour, Uppsala in Sweden. The setlist was almost the same as the one in Stockholm, but there was a little difference… Then the band entered the stage to play their last song, Sophie asked if we wanted to hear something strange. She had obviously the song “Truthâ€