Where are all the fans from?

Everything about Sophie
Rindert
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rindert » 09 Feb 2003, 17:26

Did you ever wonder where other fansof Sophie are from??
Now there is a webpage when can add your location for each artist.
You can find this page at www.globaldust.com
For a direct hit on Sophie's page click here
As you can see Elske and I already registerd ourselfs

Rindert
its always you - www.always-sophie.com

Cromwell
New Sophie fan
New Sophie fan

Hello

Post by Cromwell » 11 May 2003, 22:36

I'm from France, nothern France. I live near Cherbourg.

I've only heard one song from Sophie by chance. It's called Dreamer. I personly love it. Didn't know anything about Sophie, so your site made me discover her :)

Thank's a lot

Cromwell

tbear
New Sophie fan
New Sophie fan

Post by tbear » 15 May 2003, 18:00

I'm from Gothenburg in Sweden and I've been a fan of her since her first album from 1994. Her music touches my heart, soul and mind.

I manages to see her live last summer on her last tour - ever! Sadly she won't make any more music. According to herself, she is done - she have said all that she wanted to say in her music. :cry:

blutroniq
Junior Sophie Fan
Junior Sophie Fan

Post by blutroniq » 30 Jun 2003, 06:36

Oh please, I sure hope that isn't true. :cry: I, too, have been a big fan of Sophie's since her debut album. There is really no other artist like her, so to lose her would be very sad.... especially when she just keeps getting better with each album.

Hopefully she continues with her career in some form. Being from Canada, I've never had the pleasure of seeing her live and don't expect to... but I hope to hear her angelic voice and amazing songs on recordings for years to come.

LF
Real Sophie Fan
Real Sophie Fan

Post by LF » 21 Jul 2003, 01:20

Hi everybody !

I'm a french 25 guy, fan of Sophie, and, of course, since her first album !
(thanks to "always you" and "my best friend wedding", this album has been released in France ... it has been more difficult to find the others, and "Sing and Dance" is really hard to find .... :? )

Cromwell, i'm trying to make a french page about sophie, maybe you'll give me some advices or ideas (url is www.zelmani.fr.st ).

So, one record in 1995, one in 1998, one in 1999, one in 2000 ... when is coming out the next ?
I'm from Gothenburg in Sweden and I've been a fan of her since her first album from 1994. Her music touches my heart, soul and mind.

I manages to see her live last summer on her last tour - ever! Sadly she won't make any more music. According to herself, she is done - she have said all that she wanted to say in her music.
aouch ! .... tbear, you're breaking my heart !
Has she really said that ? I've read that she was shy, and that she doesn't really love big tours (i've never managed to see her live ... but was expecting to...) ... but giving up music ... ..... ..... *upset*
about why loneliness follows me"

Rubis
Real Sophie Fan
Real Sophie Fan

Post by Rubis » 21 Jul 2003, 14:39

Hello everybody!

I've just found out this site today and I'm really happy 'cause it's the first forum about Sophie.

I'm a great fan of Sophie and her music. I think she's a wonder!

I first notice her when I was in England in 1999. I was hanging around with scandinavian girls and I once heard the song "Always you" on one of their CD and I asked immediately who it was. When I went back in Switzerland I looked for her CDs in musicstore but then I discovered Lene Marlin and I forgot sadly a little bit Sophie. Then thank to Kaaza I took some song of her on the net and I started to really love them. This year I heard "Going home" on the radio here in Switzerland and I loved it.

In March I had the great chance to see and hear Sophie on a concert in a place on the side of Lake Geneva. I was overjoyed!!!! I was just next to the stage and I asked her for an autograph and she gave it to me in the middle of the concert !!!!

Then I wrote an e-mail to a swiss radio who had invited her in their studio for a broadcast and they told me that Sophie was certainly coming back in Switzerland in Autum but I haven't any news about that yet. Does anyone know anything about Sophie'Tour in Europe???

Sophie is really a simple person and I find her really cute! She doesn't look like a star and I think she doesn't want to. I love the way she's so sincere and authentic.

Well I hope to know other fans thank to this site!

See you soon,

Rubis

Rindert
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rindert » 26 Jul 2003, 12:17

I'm glad you all like the site and our forum. We hope we get moreand more visitors over time.

Elske and I don't speak swedisch that well :wink: and most articles we find about Sophie are swedisch.
Maybe one of you can translate something for the site, we'd love to put more info on this site.

I've never seen any concert opf Sophie in my life. I hope i get the chance sometimes. but with the news that Sophie has quit the music buisness the chances have become very small

[quote=""Rubis""]Sophie is really a simple person and I find her really cute! She doesn't look like a star and I think she doesn't want to. I love the way she's so sincere and authentic.[/quote]
I can't put it in better words, I totally agree with you.
its always you - www.always-sophie.com

Rubis
Real Sophie Fan
Real Sophie Fan

Post by Rubis » 27 Jul 2003, 11:39

Hi everybody!

I just found out a interview of Sophie. Here's the adress www.frequencerock.com. It's quite recent and it's a nice interview.
Enjoy it :D for french-speaking fans there's the translation on the site.

Instead of stunning your listeners with so called trifling eternal truths, your way of communicating seems to ask questions. Let's reverse the role: how's your heart doing?
[Laughs]
I mean: in your songs, you ask, you don't answer. Why?
Yes I ask, I don't answer.
I write songs when I want to ask, and I get no answer. Because... [laughs]

Your biography says that Lars and you rearranged your music into "stunning musical results and, unfortunately, less fortunate personal consequences". What happened? Have you been that sad? Is it since that very first experience that your songs have become so melancholic?
What do you mean?

I just wondered what happened. What were these less fortunate personal consequences?
"Less fortunate personal consequences"? What was that? Where are you reading from?

From your official biography!
I don't know about that... what do you mean with less fortunate personal consequences?

I just try to understand! have you been that sad?
Hum... maybe it just means that I write when I'm feeling down. But now I'm really happy. It's not like I feel sad all the time. When I am, it's good to write. And I feel very much better after that.

It's the same for us. We feel much better when we listen to your music.
[Laughs] Thank you.

Quite all your songs are intended to a mysterious "you". Is that "you" somebody of your (family) circle, or didn't you mean to talk to anybody in particular?
Sometimes it could be you, sometimes I'm only talking to myself.

You mean that you say "you" when talking to yourself?
Yes, because "How do I feel" doesn't sound good... I prefer "how do you feel", that sounds great. [Laughs]. It's easier to think to a "you". It's almost always a person you are thinking about when you write. But sometimes it means about he or she. Sometimes...

When you start writing your first record which was published in 1995, you didn't even have a record collection. Having almost no musical influences, I guess that the physical environment in which you have grown in Sweden had a lot to deal with your music. As a matter of fact, is it the peaceful and calm sides of Sweden that one may find by listening to your music?
No, I don't think. It does not matter, where you are or how it looks around you. It just comes from inside. It's from inside that people makes you feel, ant that's the same all over. Once, I thought it would be the atmosphere that had to deal with your mind. But it doesn't matter whether you are outside of the state or here. The atmosphere has nothing to see with it. It's just the mood inside.

Have you bought records since 1995?
Yes. Before I was to record my first album, I was only listening to the radio. But once, Lars, my guitarist and producer, brought me some CDs. The first one I got was one of Neil Young, and I just discovered... Now I do have some CDs.

So you get your music thanks to your musicians...
Yes. And now, I've got the basis!

Have you been influenced by these records?
No. I felt that that was the kind of music I would have missed, I didn't know that it existed. So I was happy to discover that. Because all I knew is that I wanted my music to be acoustic. I wanted to have real musicians.

You have great music in Sweden...
Yes. In all the Scandinavia.

Regarding the intimate side of your songs, could you imagine singing these songs in giant stadiums. Don't you think that your songs will lose their sense and their intimacy if they were to be sung if front of a very big audience.
Yes, it feels quite frightening. I prefer to be closer of the audience. But sometimes, it works anyway. I did it once, it was in a festival outside, and it worked, in a different lane... I got a good feeling, but I didn't choose to do it! I'd rather be in small places.

You played yesterday night in Zurich, in a club where the atmosphere is usually quite noisy. And when you began to sing, everybody suddenly became very calm and silent. Is it a part of your music?
It is not always like that, sometimes it's really noisy, and then it's hard, because I can't hear myself. It's really nice when the audience listens to the music, but you never knows what to expect. I've always preferred to have calm instead of noise... [Laughs]. We enjoy the most when it's quiet, but we really don't know what the people gets.

Are you shy?
I used to be. And I'm still shy in certain situations. But I'm working against my shyness.

I read that you used to say no to interviews. What are you doing now and there?
I didn't say no from the beginning. But after a little while, I had so much interviews, I got all year talking about myself, that I was to become crazy quickly. Then I said to myself that I couldn't do it. But now it's on a good level, I can choose whether or not I want to have interviews... And I know it's necessary.

What was that pretty special recipe, which helped you to gain such a prominence in Switzerland?
It's strange how it was coming here. I was really surprised, it wasn't supposed to! It's a good surprise.

Is it the first time that you come in Switzerland?
Yes, it is. I should have been here before, I like it very much

What's your goal by doing music?
It makes me feel good. But I don't have any ambition, any dreams to do this or that. At some point to start you long for a recording, to write songs is something I need, so I just do it. But to record is what I'm longing for, because it's so fun! My goal is to continue, to be allowed to do it. Music for me is a kind of therapy; in a certain way, it's like my best friend. That's what I recognize the best. It's when I write songs, and moreover when I introduce the songs to Lars, when we start to arrange the music, that I stepped more and more music. The first is just to express things, and then I just have the guitar and the melody, it gets bigger, more intimate. And only then I begin to enjoy the music.

Do you feel like a rock star?
No, I'm not a rock star. [Laughs]

Do you feel like a sex symbol?
Sure. [She roars with laughter]. No, I feel more like and old man.

How old are you?
Thirty-one.

What is your greatest dream?
What is my greatest dream? Hmmm. For the moment, everything is quite fun, so my only dream is that I hope to survive, not to die, to live long. To see the kids go up and just enjoying a glass of wine or something like that.

Is it because that fear to die, that you and your songs are so melancholic?
No, because I don't feel that every day, it depends on what day it is. It's quite depressing, just wanting to live. But I'm not always like that. I can wake up and feel, that's strange, and the songs comes out, and then I feel good. When I feel good for six months, then there's no songs: writing is for me a bad thing tool!

So we have to wish you not to write at all...
Or you may try to make me unhappy... [laughs]

Are you a romantic person?
Yes, I am. But not this kind of roses, etc. Maybe I'm not. I'm not that sure. [Laughter]. Well, I'm more realistic.

Sex, drugs and rock and roll, do you agree?
Well. I haven't accepted, and I won't ever accept drugs. And I can't feel respect for drugs, I don't know why. That's the way it is. What was the sentence? Sex, drugs and... rock'n'roll. Hmm, sex? What do you think?

We are asking the questions, you try to answer those... What is the last record you bought?
I think it was Solomon Burke. It's so blues, so black...

If you were to go all alone on an island and could take with you one book, one album, one movie and one of your personal objects, which would you choose?
The guitar, if I can bring a person, my daughter, if I can bring to... The CD will be... it's really hard to choose. At the moment it would be David Gray's White Ladder, otherwise it would be some Bob Dylan. And for the book it would probably be a simple romantic book. Do you like romantic books? Laughs.

Well, you are really realistic, that's why you like romantic books. You are a romantic reader...
Yes! [Laughs.] I like most simple books, fast relationships books that ends happy.

And for the movie?
The same there, some American love story, a romantic one that makes you crying. I haven't read those heavy books, so why not in a movie?

Will you try later to convince your daughter to play music?
No, she must do what she wants. Is she wants to be a songwriter, that okay, but I'd rather her to become an architect.

Which question wouldn't you like to be asked?
Tell me a little bit about yourself, that's the worst question.

LF
Real Sophie Fan
Real Sophie Fan

Post by LF » 30 Jul 2003, 23:53

:D
I just love this girl :lol:
she's so ..... realistic 8)

thanks for the link !

the interview is 3 months old, and Sophie hasn't spoken about 'stopping' the music business : "My goal is to continue, to be allowed to do it. Music for me is a kind of therapy; in a certain way, it's like my best friend. That's what I recognize the best"

So ?
about why loneliness follows me"

blutroniq
Junior Sophie Fan
Junior Sophie Fan

Post by blutroniq » 04 Aug 2003, 09:24

Wow, thanks for posting that interview... it made my evening :)

Simon
New Sophie fan
New Sophie fan

Letter of introduction

Post by Simon » 06 Aug 2003, 09:21

Hello,

While I heard and appreciated both "A Thousand Times" and "Always You" way back when, my interest in Sophie Zelmani's music is relatively new. I heard so many good things about "Sing And Dance", that I borrowed it at my local library - and loved it! So, I'm catching up now, on Sophie's back catalogue.

Despite living in Sweden, I can not take on the job of finding articles about Sophie, *but*, I can offer the job of translating any article in Swedish, into English. Let me know if this is something someone wants.

Thanks for a good site. Any chance of getting the singles section of the discography more detailed? And the Japanese versions of the albums with bonus tracks; has these bonus tracks appeared anywhere else?

Elske
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Letter of introduction

Post by Elske » 07 Aug 2003, 18:29

[quote=""Simon""]Hello,

While I heard and appreciated both "A Thousand Times" and "Always You" way back when, my interest in Sophie Zelmani's music is relatively new. I heard so many good things about "Sing And Dance", that I borrowed it at my local library - and loved it! So, I'm catching up now, on Sophie's back catalogue.

Despite living in Sweden, I can not take on the job of finding articles about Sophie, *but*, I can offer the job of translating any article in Swedish, into English. Let me know if this is something someone wants.

Thanks for a good site. Any chance of getting the singles section of the discography more detailed? And the Japanese versions of the albums with bonus tracks; has these bonus tracks appeared anywhere else?[/quote]

Thank you for offering the job of translating interviews. Rindert and i found a few interviews in Swedish. So if you want to..

We are still updating the site..also the discography..but it's hard to find the info about the singles.

So, if anyone knows something about single-release dates and/or other info? Please e-mail us..So we can put it on the site!
ww.always-sophie.com

But it's always a pleasure to sing and dance with you!

Rubis
Real Sophie Fan
Real Sophie Fan

Post by Rubis » 10 Aug 2003, 17:54

Hello everybody!

I have great news for you :wink: Sophie is going to perform in Switzerland in Autumn. I'm looking forward to seing her again! I'm so excited!

It's gonna be on 31st October and on 2nd November. If you want more information or if you want to buy a ticket go on the site: www.ticketcorner.ch

I hope to see lots of you at her concert. And guess what? It's really cheap! Only 26 swiss Francs, it's less than 20 euros.

See you soon,

Rubis

andm31
New Sophie fan
New Sophie fan

Post by andm31 » 20 Sep 2003, 11:21

Hello Everyone!

I'm a big fan of Sophie, to sad just that she is quite unknown here in Sweden, which is sad, because she's an artist we swedes should be proud of.

I don't know why exactly I liked here style from the start, maybe it's the sadness that is present in many song, or maybe I just like the melodies?

I first bought her first album on sale a couple of years ago (around 1998 or so) and I immediataly loved it, so much that I went out and bought the others the next week.

I really like that I'm still discovering new song I like, after this long time.

I'm working as a teacher in a small town called Mariestad, which lies on the shores of Swedens largest lake (Vänern). I'm from another larger city from the start (Halmstad, if you know who Per Gessle is, that's his hometown too).
ake-care
/Anders

ulukai555
Junior Sophie Fan
Junior Sophie Fan

Post by ulukai555 » 04 Nov 2003, 19:22

hello,

i am coming from switzerland and 2 year before i have hear Sophie Zelmani to am swiss radio. I have hear the single Yes i am... and i have buy the Sing and Dance album

and now i have the 4 albums

it is so hard for find the Precious Burden album but now i have the album and i am so happy... :D
lukai555