Concert in Jönköping

All topics about Sophie on tour will be moved here.
Isa
New Sophie fan
New Sophie fan

Concert in Jönköping

Post by Isa » 03 Nov 2008, 19:54

After being a fan of Zelmani for a long time I got the chance to see her live for the first time yesterday in Jönköping. In many parts it was a disappointment.

A few songs in to the concert the pedal steel player got problem with the sound. I can accept technical problems, everyone can be unlucky (even though something similar seems to have happened just a few nights ago, read the comment to this review from Umeå: http://vk.se/Article.jsp?article=227560) Instead of trying to solve the problem in between the songs, they continued to play. So in 2-3 songs the pedal steal player where trying to fix his gear (with a body language that wasn’t the best) and the soundman was running in and out on stage helping him. As an audience (at least me) you lose focus on the music in this situation. Impressive though that Sophie and the other musicians in the band didn’t seem to be disturbed by this.

The other thing that was a disappointment was that they didn’t play as many songs as they have done on the other concerts of this tour. The songs they left out was “To know youâ€