Some questions about zelmani

Everything about Sophie
mosicle lee
Junior Sophie Fan
Junior Sophie Fan

Some questions about zelmani

Post by mosicle lee » 04 Mar 2007, 06:47

1.Why do zelmani sing in English?
2.Does zelmani had ever won a Grammy?What happened?Which song?
3.If I can get zelmani'guitar-chords or song-chords from you?As you know,there is little people know zelmani in our country.
4. Is it Norwegian music derive Swedish music?
5.Are you Swedishmen? Can you talk about you country's music and some other songster like zelamni?I'm love club8 either.
Maybe only above,thankyou.

fvckmissy
Junior Sophie Fan
Junior Sophie Fan

Re: Some questions about zelmani

Post by fvckmissy » 15 Jul 2007, 14:59

NOgrammy ...
sing in English can be more famous...

Rindert
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rindert » 17 Jul 2007, 19:36

1) Yes singing in English can get you more famous when singing in Swedish. but for Sophie I believe that is not the reason for her to sing in English. She is really that type of person that would do such a thing just to be famous.
If she wanted te get famous then she would have given a lot more interviews ans stuff. a lot more promotion would have been done, if she wanted to become famous around the world.

I think (an she told it somewere) she sings in English because the thinks that if she sings in Swedish her songs are to personal and she doesn't feel comfortable that way. That is why she translates her songs into English.

2) No she hasn't.
3) There are a few cords on the site here, you find the onder Music, in the menu.
4) Sweden and Norway are 2 different languages and countries, so i don't think that Swedish music derived from Norwegian. (but maybe someone from sweden could answer this.)
5) I'm from the Netherlans
its always you - www.always-sophie.com

Black_Day
Real Sophie Fan
Real Sophie Fan

Post by Black_Day » 28 Mar 2008, 22:58

1) Yes she just feels more comfortable writing in English, and to be fair her lyrics can also sometimes seem a little unclear so to speak, it sounds good but what does she mean?  :D

2) She won a Grammy in Sweden for best newcomer in 1995.

3) ........

4) Norway is a neighbouring nordic country to Sweden as you know, but nothing in Sophies music is inspired by that country.

5) I'm from Sweden yes  :)

RHK
New Sophie fan
New Sophie fan

Post by RHK » 28 Oct 2008, 15:57

1) Swedish is an ugly language really. There are very few singers who can make it sound otherwise. The only group I can think of is Kent with their singer Joakim Berg, but besides that it's hard to think of something that wouldn't sound better if performed in English.

I think another factor is that swedes are generatly good at english.
Except children's tv-program nothing is dubbed, only subtitles are translated.

5) I'm from Sweden
But I don't know of any other songster I like that sings the same kind of music as Zelmani.
Kent are good but they only sing in Swedish.

Black_Day
Real Sophie Fan
Real Sophie Fan

Post by Black_Day » 01 Nov 2008, 08:29

RHK wrote: 1) Swedish is an ugly language really. There are very few singers who can make it sound otherwise.
No Swedish is certainly not an ugly language, on the contrary

And I think it would have been lovely to hear Sophie sing in her native language

But since she doesn't want to, or feels it becomes too personal , she sticks to English

Her command of English isn't perfect though, neither her writing nor her pronounciations  ;)

Still maybe it's a good thing she uses English, since nowadays she seems to get more fans abroad than she had before

kentech
New Sophie fan
New Sophie fan

Post by kentech » 03 Nov 2008, 22:14

She did do just a little bit in Swedish some years ago.

I think it's a beautiful song...especially Sophie's part of course!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNs1dX--8gY

Black_Day
Real Sophie Fan
Real Sophie Fan

Post by Black_Day » 08 Nov 2008, 00:18

Thanks for this, hadn't heard this song before

I don't like Uno Svenningson's voice though, not a good example of the beauty of Swedish I think  :D

Sophie was nice to hear, even though she perhaps whispers a little too much, something she on the other hand often does

mosicle lee
Junior Sophie Fan
Junior Sophie Fan

Post by mosicle lee » 11 Dec 2008, 16:00

Thanks for your answer very much.One and a half year have already passed away,and I am coming back with a familiar sense.I have got a lot of imformation about Zelmani  I did not know before,cause' our country is into the world.Sophie is a menber in Sony' s big family,through which she can be known to so many Asian. ::)I can feel the world is  into unum.