New album called "Memory Loves You"

Everything about Sophie
pgw3

Post by pgw3 » 17 Dec 2006, 00:32

Hi!

As reported the new album will be out in February and it's called "Memory Loves You". The tour will start on March 12th in Stockholm and they will play 19 gigs of which nine will be outside Sweden. You can see this information (in Swedish) here: http://www.sr.se/cgi-bin/p3/nyhetssidor ... el=1094874

Take care!

Peter

Markus
Real Sophie Fan
Real Sophie Fan

Post by Markus » 17 Dec 2006, 00:58

Thanks Peter,

it makes waiting more tolerable when getting more and more informations about the upcoming album and tour. :D

Markus

zuperparanoid
Real Sophie Fan
Real Sophie Fan

Post by zuperparanoid » 19 Dec 2006, 17:09

The album will have a single out called "Travelling" in January! More info and a picture of the albumcover can be found here: www.sophie-zelmani.com

Markus
Real Sophie Fan
Real Sophie Fan

Post by Markus » 19 Dec 2006, 18:59

Thanks, zuperparanoid, for these great news.

I´m wondering if once again Anton Corbijn has shot the picture of Sophie for the cover. I think so and I really love it. :D But in my opinion it´s a bit unusual (but great) for (shy) Sophie showing up on the cover without any shadows or sun rays that give her face some kind of shelter or protection. (I remember Sophie saying in an interview given to a German TV station that every photo taken by her would hurt.) But on the other hand she looks absorbed in thought and as being miles away in a melancholic dream as always.
I really would love to see her smiling on a cover someday, even if I love this one.
:D

Markus

Markus
Real Sophie Fan
Real Sophie Fan

Post by Markus » 19 Dec 2006, 23:37

I just want to let you know that Sophie´s official page was updated. Now we can find all the great news of the last few days confirmed officially on www.zelmani.com/ . :D

Markus

zuperparanoid
Real Sophie Fan
Real Sophie Fan

Post by zuperparanoid » 20 Dec 2006, 00:27

Hmm... I was checking her official site only a few hours ago, and it wasn't updated then... Until now you could read that she would release a new album in November (2005) and tourdates from February!!! It's a shame that her official site has been so lack of information, but hopefully it will be updated more often from now.

zuperparanoid
Real Sophie Fan
Real Sophie Fan

Post by zuperparanoid » 20 Dec 2006, 00:45

[quote=""Markus""]I´m wondering if once again Anton Corbijn has shot the picture of Sophie for the cover. I think so and I really love it. :D But in my opinion it´s a bit unusual (but great) for (shy) Sophie showing up on the cover without any shadows or sun rays that give her face some kind of shelter or protection. (I remember Sophie saying in an interview given to a German TV station that every photo taken by her would hurt.) But on the other hand she looks absorbed in thought and as being miles away in a melancholic dream as always.
I really would love to see her smiling on a cover someday, even if I love this one.
:D

Markus[/quote]I agree that this was an unusual picture of Sophie, but I have to say I really love it. She looks very beautiful on it, and maybe a bit more selfconfident than we are used to?

Markus
Real Sophie Fan
Real Sophie Fan

Post by Markus » 20 Dec 2006, 01:44

I agree that this was an unusual picture of Sophie, but I have to say I really love it. She looks very beautiful on it, and maybe a bit more selfconfident than we are used to?
I agree that Sophie looks more selfconfident than on all her other album covers. She seems to look directly into the viewers eyes. And that´s great, because it is very brave for a shy person like Sophie. (Even if in this case the person she looks at is only a camera :wink: )

Markus[/quote]

zuperparanoid
Real Sophie Fan
Real Sophie Fan

Post by zuperparanoid » 20 Dec 2006, 20:43

Tracklist can be found at www.sophie-zelmani.com :)

LF
Real Sophie Fan
Real Sophie Fan

Post by LF » 21 Dec 2006, 11:44

Thx a lot, again and again :wink:

Maybe it's stupid, but the titles give me a pretty good impression : they cares the Sophie's touch.
about why loneliness follows me"

Markus
Real Sophie Fan
Real Sophie Fan

Post by Markus » 16 Jan 2007, 11:06

For the German fans on the forum:

The album will be available in German shops on February 28th (Sweden February 7th). So it´s a little bit later than the Swedish release date. But this time we have not to wait that long in Germany for the new album to come out than for most of her other albums. (Some of them were available in Germany months after the Swedish release) :D So this time the rest of Europe probably hasn´t to wait that long. :)

Markus

Markus
Real Sophie Fan
Real Sophie Fan

Post by Markus » 16 Jan 2007, 11:28

Maybe I have to correct myself. I´ve found another page with the German release date. There it says: February 23th. So it´s not really clear for me what the official German release date is. But never the less it should be sometime in February. And that´s not that long to wait any more. :wink:

Markus

Rindert
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rindert » 17 Jan 2007, 22:27

If you buy the album on the internet you don't have to wait to the 27th of feb, but you can order just right the 7th of feb. :D
its always you - www.always-sophie.com

LF
Real Sophie Fan
Real Sophie Fan

Post by LF » 31 Jan 2007, 17:47

Hey guys, do you know what ?

I was looking for some more news about "Memory loves you", and i discovered that on amazon.de you could listening to 30 sec of each song !!

So, don't wait and run to : http://www.amazon.de/Memory-Loves-You-S ... B000MNP32A

Good listening !
about why loneliness follows me"

Markus
Real Sophie Fan
Real Sophie Fan

Post by Markus » 03 Feb 2007, 16:28

Another very popular German music online store where it is possible to listen to some sound samples of Sophie´s new CD is "jpc". (Of course I´m not the promoter of this shop. :wink: ) But what is very exciting is, that there now is a picture with a link to the concert dates and the new CD right on the starting site of this shop ( http://www.jpc.de ). This means that "Memory loves you" gets good promotion by one of Germany´s biggest music shops (it is not only an Internet shop) right from the beginning. :D

Markus