Sophie on German TV tonight???

Everything about Sophie
Markus
Real Sophie Fan
Real Sophie Fan

Post by Markus » 02 Apr 2006, 11:20

I have just discovered on the webpage of the "Kulturweltspiegel" (it´s a German culture magazine that is broadcasted in Germany´s state television "Das Erste" every Sunday evening at 23.00), that they accompanied Sophie on her German tour and did one of the rare interviews with her. Now I´m a little bit confused whether the interview will be broadcasted this evening or not. The official webpage of the "Kulturweltspiegel" sais yes. But if you look at the programm list of "Das Erste" you can´t find anything about Sophie at 23.00 at all.

The link to the "Kulturweltspiegel" is:

http://www.wdr.de/tv/kulturweltspiegel/ ... index.html

Of course I will record the programm tonight and then will let you know if the interview was broadcasted or not. Let´s hope it will.

See you
Markus

Rindert
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rindert » 02 Apr 2006, 12:07

I'm wondering.... WDR.... it sound to me that we in the netherland also can recieve this.... i'm nit sure though. Is this station WDR the only station with theis ' 1' in its screen? Than i can look for it and record it too.
its always you - www.always-sophie.com

Markus
Real Sophie Fan
Real Sophie Fan

Post by Markus » 02 Apr 2006, 12:28

Hi Rindert!

The WDR is one of the regional stations and programms of the state televison ARD. Many German regions have their own programs within the ARD and are broadcasting different programms. But "Das Erste" is the main TV station of the ARD and is broadcasting to all of Germany. And, yes, many European countries that get satelite or cable TV or live near the German border should also be able to receive its programm.
The "Kulurweltspiegel" is broadcasted by "das Erste" and not "WDR". That the "WDR" is mentioned on the website only means that the journalists who made the programm are emloyees of the "WDR".

But you must watch out for "Das Erste". If - and sadly I´m really not sure - the Zelmani interview will be broadcasted, than it definetely will be "Das Erste" tonight at 23:00.

Let´s hope :)

Markus

Rindert
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rindert » 02 Apr 2006, 12:38

Hi markus,

I just checked my tv and i think i can recive the channel. It says 'Das erste' in a small info balk when i click trought all channels. And also look on teletext of tha channel and found Kulturweltspeigel there. And you are right, nothing about sophie there, but there is other info that matches i-net info. W'll just wait and see.
its always you - www.always-sophie.com

andreas@sophie
Junior Sophie Fan
Junior Sophie Fan

Post by andreas@sophie » 02 Apr 2006, 19:44

Thanks for this posting!!

I'll record it, too.

Andreas

andreas@sophie
Junior Sophie Fan
Junior Sophie Fan

Post by andreas@sophie » 02 Apr 2006, 23:14

They just broadcastet the overview, and Sophie was mentioned!! So there will be a Sophie documentation in German TV in a few minutes :P

Andreas

andreas@sophie
Junior Sophie Fan
Junior Sophie Fan

Post by andreas@sophie » 02 Apr 2006, 23:37

Hi Rindert, Markus,

had there been TV cameras in the Cologne concert? In the TV show just broadcasted, it seems that they filmed one of the gigs of the German tour this year. And since it was the WDR, I expect it to be Cologne.

So long

Andreas

Markus
Real Sophie Fan
Real Sophie Fan

Post by Markus » 02 Apr 2006, 23:52

Hi Andreas,

I´m really not sure if it was the Cologne concert we just saw in the documantation. We from the forum all were standing in the front row near Sophie and the band and noone from us did discover any camera. I don´t think it was Cologne in the documentation, but I will compare some of our pictures we took with the film parts. We will surely find out. :D

Markus

Bernd
Junior Sophie Fan
Junior Sophie Fan

Post by Bernd » 03 Apr 2006, 01:03

I'm quite sure that the takes are not made at the Köln concert. The stage is much too high, in Köln we were nearly at the same height level. Perhaps they are from the Berlin concert? Does anybody recognize the location?

Greetings, Bernd.

andreas@sophie
Junior Sophie Fan
Junior Sophie Fan

Post by andreas@sophie » 03 Apr 2006, 01:13

I have been in Berlin and will check again, whether it's the Berlin concert shown on TV.

Andreas

Markus
Real Sophie Fan
Real Sophie Fan

Post by Markus » 03 Apr 2006, 11:42

I hope everybody who understands a little bit German was able to watch or record the documentation about Sophie yesterday night. It wasn´t that long, only a little bit longer than 3 minutes, but I think it was well made. Sophie fans like us, of course, didn´t learn anything new, but it was a great little film for all who didn´t know Sophie yet. And for me it was great anyway, because it was the first time I ever saw Sophie on German television.

For those of you, who were not able to see the film or don´t understand German I will try to tell and translate a little bit of the documentation.

[EDIT by Rindert] Content eeleted on user request.[/EDIT]

Markus

Markus
Real Sophie Fan
Real Sophie Fan

Post by Markus » 03 Apr 2006, 12:32

Hi, it´s me one again :wink:

We often talked about wheter it would be good or not if Sophie would become more popular.

Now it seems that in this respect yesterdays documentation on German TV may helped Sophie much more than I would have expected. I just checked Germany´s biggist online store (for books and music) "Amazon". They have their own charts. "Decade of dreams" now is number 28. It´s unbelievable, because this CD never was so high in the Amazon chartss so far. Number 75 /the time she was on tour) was the highest rank so far. The last few weeks the album was only between about number 600 and 1.000. All her other CD went up today, too. Precious Burden, for example now is number 98. I don´t think that this positions will last long, but it´s great news anyway. :D

Markus

Bernd
Junior Sophie Fan
Junior Sophie Fan

Post by Bernd » 03 Apr 2006, 13:56

In this very moment, "A Decade of Dreams" (Digipack) is under the TOP 20 at Amazon.de (rank 18)!!! I think it's a sensation! I'm wondering that so many Germans must have a good taste. :twisted:
Congratulations to all of the new owners of Sophie's songs! :wink:

Bernd
Junior Sophie Fan
Junior Sophie Fan

Post by Bernd » 03 Apr 2006, 13:59

Bloody smiley!! It has to be "rank 18"!! Sorry for that, the smiley had not been supposed to occur at this place.

Bernd.

Juanito
Real Sophie Fan
Real Sophie Fan

Post by Juanito » 03 Apr 2006, 16:09

Thanks so much for the translation and the narration of the documentation of Sophie. I would so much seeing this... snif. :(
ho I am, you'll tell me.