Sophie on German TV tonight???

Everything about Sophie
Rindert
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rindert » 03 Apr 2006, 17:48

I also saw the interview on german tv.
It was really great to see sophie on TV.
As Markus already said, for fans like us there wasn't much new in the interview. But for people getting to know Sophie it was nice :)
I don't think the concert recording where in Koln of Frankfurt. For Koln the stage was to big and in Farnkfurt she had an other dress.

I really liked the bit of video of the younger Sophie recording her first album in the sutdio, really great.
I personally don't really like german tv, when sophie gives answers that get narated by some german female. I really don;t like that. Why just don't use subtitles and hear sophie speak english?

Rindert
its always you - www.always-sophie.com

Markus
Real Sophie Fan
Real Sophie Fan

Post by Markus » 03 Apr 2006, 18:26

Because Germans aren´t that hard-working people as many people of other nations think. We are actually very lazy. :wink: (Look at me, sitting the whole time in front of my computer, checking your website and forum) :wink:
Because of that everything - from Hollywood blockbuster movies to small documentations - gets synchronized or translated without using subtitles in Germany. But very honestly. It really would be better if more subtitles were used in my country. That would make learning foreign languages much easier.

Markus

Rindert
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rindert » 03 Apr 2006, 19:13

[quote=""Juanito""] I would so much seeing this... snif. :([/quote]

You can download it from my ftp in a few hours.

nau2000
Junior Sophie Fan
Junior Sophie Fan

Post by nau2000 » 03 Apr 2006, 23:44

Update on Amazon.de Chart positions (because it´s really amazing for me):
Decade of Dreams - 8!!! (1 review; 5 stars on average)
Precious Burden - 34 (5; 5)
Love Affair - 221 (9; 5)
Sophie Zelmani - 222 (7; 4,5)
Time to Kill - 597 (6; 5)
Sing and Dance - 5608 (14; 4,5)

Interesting for me also the non-correlation of the number of reviews and the chart-ranking.
Cheers,
Martin

Markus
Real Sophie Fan
Real Sophie Fan

Post by Markus » 04 Apr 2006, 00:13

Hi Martin,

The non-correlation of the number of reviews and the chart-rankings can be explained very easily. The Amazon chart-rankings are updated very frequently, I think allmost every hour. If today all Zelmani albums are high up in the these charts, (I really think it might be the case because of the effect of TV documentation of last night), than it could be possible - let´s hope not - that all of her albums are on these high positions only for a few days or hours. Most of the other albums of the TOP 100 have more user ratings than Zelmani, because these albums were and are staying in these high positions for a much longer time (weeks or months).
But it´s great anyway to see Sophie´s albums so high up in the Amazon charts. I have observed them and the "Decade of dreams" position now allmost since the album was released and the position was never as high as it is now. :D

Markus

Markus
Real Sophie Fan
Real Sophie Fan

Post by Markus » 04 Apr 2006, 08:52

Another important German CD webshop, "jpc" has the "Decade of dreams" album on chart position "85". This shop really had the album on position 1 for one or two weeks. But it was over a month ago. The rankings on jpc aren´t that represantive than on Amazon, because, in my opinion, the number of people buying there are much smaller in numbers. But it´s interesting anyway. The last few weeks "Decade of dreams" was not listed in these charts. I think that this really is a hint for the positive effect that the German TV documentation has had for the selling of Sophie´s albums. I think it´s amazing, because it was really a short documentation of only 3 minutes and it was broadcasted within a culture, partly political magazine at 23:00. One really should think, that such a broadcasting is not watched by so many people. Though it has had a positive effect of the selling of Sophie´s albums.
It could be interesting to watch, if these individual shop chart rankings will have also an influence within the official German Album charts. As I had mentioned allready in another topic: Till now they never reached the Top 100. But maybe we really should wish Sophie that they will not. It could be very frightening for Sophie to have such success in a bigger European country. And as the narrator in the documentation told. Than she maybe had to leave her Swedish island more often.:wink:

Markus

Markus
Real Sophie Fan
Real Sophie Fan

Post by Markus » 04 Apr 2006, 08:59

I´ve forgot one very important point. There are two different versions of Decade of Dreams" in the shops. The "normal" one and the digipack version. The sellings of these versions are counted seperately. So the charts rankings of the "Decade of Dreams" album definitely would be even higher, if there only was one version.

Markus

Halbermensch
Real Sophie Fan
Real Sophie Fan

Post by Halbermensch » 06 Apr 2006, 12:54

[quote=""Rindert""][quote=""Juanito""] I would so much seeing this... snif. :([/quote]

You can download it from my ftp in a few hours.[/quote]

Still available? What's the adress? :)

Rindert
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rindert » 06 Apr 2006, 16:58

Look in the members section fot info about the ftp.

andreas@sophie
Junior Sophie Fan
Junior Sophie Fan

Post by andreas@sophie » 07 Apr 2006, 21:36

[quote=""Markus""]Another important German CD webshop, "jpc" has the "Decade of dreams" album on chart position "85".[/quote]

Hi Markus,

today, Decade of Dreams is number 32 in the JPC Ranking!

Andreas

Markus
Real Sophie Fan
Real Sophie Fan

Post by Markus » 07 Apr 2006, 22:51

Yes, Andreas, it´s really great.

But if such a short documentation within a TV magazine, that was broadcasted late in the night, has such a huge effect on the chart positions of Sophie´s CDs, than I´m wondering how huge Sophie´s "commercial" success could be if she ever would perform in a big TV show, as, for example, "Wetten Dass" (for all the non-Germans, non-Swiss or non-Austrians in the forum: It´s the biggest European TV show).
But honestly speaking: If I ever had to see Sophie performing in these kind of TV shows it would be a real nightmare for me an many of her fans, and I think, also for herself. And so I really must say that it only was a very strange thougth. :wink:

Markus

Bernd
Junior Sophie Fan
Junior Sophie Fan

Post by Bernd » 07 Apr 2006, 23:25

Yes, and imagine the extremely extrovert presenter Thomas Gottschalk interviewing the nice, poor little lady Sophie... :wink:
No, we wouldn't wish her this (for her) horrible experience, don't we?

Bernd.

Halbermensch
Real Sophie Fan
Real Sophie Fan

Post by Halbermensch » 07 Apr 2006, 23:25

[quote=""Rindert""]Look in the members section fot info about the ftp.[/quote]

Thanks