German tour February 2006

All topics about Sophie on tour will be moved here.
brings
Real Sophie Fan
Real Sophie Fan

Post by brings » 23 Feb 2006, 18:20

well,
what can I tell you about the concert in Cologne. First of all, it was great meeting with all the other guys and I guess I can say that we had a great time together. Basically I was standing straight in front of Sophie, about a meter away from her, with martin and Rindert left and right of me...
It has to be said that Martin wished Nostalgia and he got his wish fulfilled :D
It was my first Sophie concert and I have to say that I quite liked it, even that it was a bit slow for me at times, but when they started jamming it was really great.
It was funny to find out that Martin and I have been at the same Heather Nova concert last year, unfortunately we did not know at the time ....
I am glad for you guys that you finally got your signatures, shame on me that I had to leave, but I was staying at my best friends place for the night and I had his birthday present still in my car and some beers were waiting to celebrate it... so what a shame that I missed them and the signatures, but I am lucky that she did not sign my jacket :D
I promised this to Martin but I guess the others might be interested as well.. but you need to hurry as the links are dead soon, I uploaded this for my friend who made me aware of Sophie... so here you go:....
hope you don't have this one yet, Rubis:

Heather Nova - Beautiful Angel

excellent soundboard @ 192 kBps

tracks 1 - 12
recorded live at ethe Melkweg / max, Amsterdam on August 16th, 2001

Heather Nova - Beautiful Angel - 01 - Like Lovers Do.mp3 (6471808 byte)
Heather Nova - Beautiful Angel - 02 - Walk This World.mp3 (6326400 byte)
Heather Nova - Beautiful Angel - 03 - Talk To Me.mp3 (6129792 byte)
Heather Nova - Beautiful Angel - 04 - Virus Of The Mind.mp3 (6248576 byte)

http://communicator.maximail.virgilio.i ... qrApV45537

Heather Nova - Beautiful Angel - 05 - It's Only Love.mp3 (6748288 byte)
Heather Nova - Beautiful Angel - 06 - Just Been Born.mp3 (6797440 byte)
Heather Nova - Beautiful Angel - 07 - Heart And Shoulder.mp3 (6320256 byte)
Heather Nova - Beautiful Angel - 08 - Maybe An Angel.mp3 (7125120 byte)

http://communicator.maximail.virgilio.i ... GtcDK45582

Heather Nova - Beautiful Angel - 09 - I'm No Angel.mp3 (5677184 byte)
Heather Nova - Beautiful Angel - 10 - Make You Mine.mp3 (7370880 byte)
Heather Nova - Beautiful Angel - 11 - Paper Cup.mp3 (5646464 byte)
Heather Nova - Beautiful Angel - 12 - Heal.mp3 (5765248 byte)

http://communicator.maximail.virgilio.i ... Zkzaz45594

tracks 13 - 17
recorded live at the Ringfest, Cologne on August 20th, 2000

Heather Nova - Beautiful Angel - 13 - Heart And Shoulder.mp3 (6150272 byte)
Heather Nova - Beautiful Angel - 14 - Winterblue.mp3 (7692416 byte)
Heather Nova - Beautiful Angel - 15 - Walk This World.mp3 (6660224 byte)
Heather Nova - Beautiful Angel - 16 - Walking Higher.mp3 (5486720 byte)
Heather Nova - Beautiful Angel - 17 - I'm On Fire.mp3 (3852416 byte)

http://communicator.maximail.virgilio.i ... H6v8b45618

Artwork

beautiful angel - back.jpg (610258 byte)
beautiful angel - cd.jpg (156871 byte)
beautiful angel - front.jpg (196098 byte)

http://communicator.maximail.virgilio.i ... NgI2z45518

links are good until: 26/02/2006
Let the music be!

Bernd
Junior Sophie Fan
Junior Sophie Fan

Post by Bernd » 23 Feb 2006, 19:10

Hey Brings!

Yes, it was a pity that you had to leave so early tuesday evening. Markus, Martin, Rindert and I took a nice photo of us after the concert. I hope, we'll get to see it here with all the other photos in the galleries when Rindert is home from his trip to the Frankfurt concert.
Markus took some nice photos, too, I've seem them already. So, folks, be ready to see some great new photos when they are uploaded to the galleries. :)
And - to avoid any misunderstanding - I'm not really unhappy with my now signed jacket. First, I was really surprised, but I am quite lucky about that, as you can see here --> :D

Colleen
New Sophie fan
New Sophie fan

Post by Colleen » 24 Feb 2006, 17:07

I've been to the Berlin concert, which was really wonderful. And now I've found a quite nice review on the berlin concert on a german internet-mag:

http://www.justmag.net/artikel_sophie_zelmani_2006.html

brings
Real Sophie Fan
Real Sophie Fan

Post by brings » 24 Feb 2006, 19:31

very nice pictures from the gig in Cologne Rindert.... some great memories will come back with these pictures :wink:
Let the music be!

Rindert
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rindert » 24 Feb 2006, 22:36

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday evening I came back from my Germany Tour seeing Sophie live.
It really was a great trip for me, I really enjoyed both concerts.

The concert in Köln was my seccond concert of Sophie which I went to. It was in the same club I had vissited 2 years earlier togehter with Elske. This time I went alone, but before the concert I should meet some other forum-mebers, so I was not totally alone. I met Markus and Bernd in a cafe close to the Prime Club and when we were waiting outside, Brings and Martin joined us. While waiting we could see and hear Sophie do a last soundcheck and Lars Halapi was comming out to get a pizza or something. :)
We were the firsts to enter when the doors finally opened arround 8 o clock. We were all in the front or seccond row, I was standing right in front of Robert Qwarforth. With Sophie singing at only 2 meters :)

I really was a great concert. I made a picture of the setlist, wich you can view in the gallery.

1.Dreamer
2.Sing and dance
3.Got to stop
4.Gone with the maddness
5.Memories
6.Better kind
7.I can't change
8.Yes I am
9.Excuse me
10.Breeze
11.Fade
12.Oh dear
13.Going home
--------------
14.Hard to know
15.My
16.So Long
--------------
17.Nostalgia
18.Leaving

Hearing the songs played live is so much nicer then on the cd. Hearing Lars play Oh Dear is such a pleasure, such a quiet song ending in such much gutair play. I really loved it.

After the concert we stayed for a litte while and I got my chance to write in the notebook :) and I did mention the site :) And when talking to Thomas Axelson (bass) we told him about the site and he would tell it to sophie :)
Lars was the first band member to came out of the backstage area. We almost missed him for an autograph. Martin and I also talked a litte with Thomas, Robert and Peter. and when Sophie was there Markus made a picture of me next to Sophie and also with the band. (look in the gallery) And offcourse i got an autograph of Sophie on my Decade of dreams cd :D

I also met with Georg, someone I met 2 years back and was also here again. His MD player broke so he couln't record the concert as he did in 2004. He is really a collector. And had some rare singles and a special decade of dreams version (japanese) with lots of unreleased songs :)

Think that is it for Köln.... so now what happend in Frankfurt...

I got in Frankfurt fairly in time about 20 min to 7 o clock. so I had enough time to find Batschkapp and its entrance wich I found at the back. It was pretty cold so I decided to go for a drink in the 'Batschkapp cafe' When more people arrived I went outside and was one of the first in the row. When the doors opened at 8 I could easily find a place in the front row.
Sophie wasn't in a hurry tonight and I think it was about 20 min after 9 that she entered the stage.
The setlist is excalty the same as in Köln, except at the the end. ( you can look in the gallery for pictures)

1.Dreamer
2.Sing and dance
3.Got to stop
4.Gone with the maddness
5.Memories
6.Better kind
7.I can't change
8.Yes I am
9.Excuse me
10.Breeze
11.Fade
12.Oh dear
13.Going home
--------------
14.Hard to know
15.My
16.I'll remember you
--------------
18.Fire

Tonight the were 2 request songs. I'll remeber you and Fire.
Sophie told us that when she would sing fire she would make a fool out of herself because she didn't knew the lyrics but would try. After a few lines it happend, she did know the words but kept going. After 1 minut i thougt of my cd-inlay's i took with me for signing and found the lyrics of Fire :D As i was in the from row i could eassily give it to Sophie :D:D. and the could finnisch with no problems :) The audience really liked it :D

I was planning on getting more authographs tonight but the security was a bit harder then it was in Köln and we where kicked out after 10 min. In those 10 min i met with Luthor who had seen I was making lots of pictures and asked if he could have mine. I told hem about the site and we went for a drink in the Batschkapp cafe again and talked about sophie the concert and stuff :)
I couln't wait outside for an autograph cause my train was going early. :(

But as in Köln it was a great concert with the best music mankind has ever heard :)

I would almost forgot to tell the I have 10 tour posters here at home. I asked the a the prime club when I was walking by the next morning and the where people prepering the the next evening :) I thought it would be a nice idea to share those posters with some of you :)

Edit: 'Leaving' played in Köln
Last edited by Rindert on 25 Feb 2006, 00:18, edited 1 time in total.
its always you - www.always-sophie.com

zuperparanoid
Real Sophie Fan
Real Sophie Fan

Post by zuperparanoid » 24 Feb 2006, 23:17

Thanks a lot for this great review of those concerts in Germany, and also for the great pictures. :D I am SO sad I couldn't be there too, but hopefully I'll get new chances to see her again - and maybe meet some of you guys! :)

But there's only one little thing I don't understand... The setlists you have written here, is not identical with the pictures you made...:

On the setlist from Köln is "Nostalgia" added, probably because it was requested, I guess?
And was "Maja's song" replaced by "Fire" or "I'll remember you" in Frankfurt?

Anyway, thanks again for the great story! :D

PS! Would love to hear others opinion about the concerts you attended too...

Markus
Real Sophie Fan
Real Sophie Fan

Post by Markus » 24 Feb 2006, 23:23

Hi Rindert!

First of all, thank you for uploading this great pictures. It´s a pleasure to looking at them and remembering this great evening in Köln with Sophie, her band and the forum members in Köln. I have also uploaded a few (12) pictures from the concert. Maybee you can make them available in the gallery.
It´s great to hear that the concert in Frankfurt was as fantastic as it was in Köln. Did Sophie recogniced that you allready visited her concert the evening before ? The story with the booklet of the "time to kill" album really is funny.

Rindert, it really is a great surprise that you got 10 tour posters the other morning. Of course I would be very happy to get one poster.

:D

Markus

zuperparanoid
Real Sophie Fan
Real Sophie Fan

Post by zuperparanoid » 24 Feb 2006, 23:24

[quote=""zuperparanoid""]
And was "Maja's song" replaced by "Fire" or "I'll remember you" in Frankfurt? [/quote]
Actually it seems like "So long" was replaced by "I'll remember you", and "Maja's song" with "Fire"... I don't know if that is right... :?: Also noticed that there's no song nr 17 on the setlist from Frankfurt...

Rindert
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rindert » 24 Feb 2006, 23:38

You are right Zuper, number 17 is missing but 18 is suppossed to be 17.

I Köln i'm not sure wich song was skipped from the official setlist in the pictures. But this is the closest i could get.

But in Frankfurt Maya's song was replaced by Fire. and So long with I'll remember you. Both requests.

Bernd
Junior Sophie Fan
Junior Sophie Fan

Post by Bernd » 25 Feb 2006, 00:06

Hello Rindert,

you have made a couple of really photos, I must say. Thanks for uploading them so fast after you are back at home. According to the last photo, we made up a nice group of forum members, don't you think? 8) What a pity that Brings had to leave so early...
Just one remark to the setlist of the Köln concert:
Markus and I can't remember that she played "Maja's Song". We think she left it out and played "Leaving" instead.

During the first three songs, the press photographer was standing directly left from me and we talked a bit. He said the paper he works for would publish an article and a photo on thursday.
So, I asked my sister to buy the "Kölnische Rundschau" (or so) on thursday. She lives in Köln and she promised me to buy one. I hope I'll see her soon.. :)

Nice surprise you told us about... could I ask for one, too? :wink:

Bernd.

qokyax
Junior Sophie Fan
Junior Sophie Fan

Post by qokyax » 25 Feb 2006, 05:15

Yep, nice pics :)
d'you think I could get one of your posters?

Qokyax

brings
Real Sophie Fan
Real Sophie Fan

Post by brings » 25 Feb 2006, 08:42

thanks for the additional pictures Markus...
thanks for the offer Rindert, check your PM box :wink:
Let the music be!

Markus
Real Sophie Fan
Real Sophie Fan

Post by Markus » 26 Feb 2006, 13:52

Hello everybody!

For those of you who understand a little bit of German I have found two reviews of the German concerts. The first one of the concert in Köln, the second of the Berlin concert. I like the Berlin review much more than the Köln review, even both reviews are positive. Try these links:

http://www.ksta.de/html/artikel/1140561275468.shtml
http://morgenpost.berlin1.de/content/20 ... 12363.html

Markus

Rindert
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rindert » 26 Feb 2006, 14:09

I read both reviews and i could understand them a little.
The Köln-review is more about the concert itself, and gives more information about the evening, as I understand it.

The Berlin review is more about the feeling you get from the concert and her music. And for me more difficult to understand because of my bad german.

That why I like the Köln review more, it tels more about the eving then about the feeling you can get from Sophie in general.
But i'm glad both reviews ar possitive :)
Does anyone know if there is a review of the frankfurt concert?

Markus
Real Sophie Fan
Real Sophie Fan

Post by Markus » 26 Feb 2006, 14:18

I´ve found one more review. It´s from the Frankfurt concert. But honestly speaking it´s not quiet as good as the other reviews. I don´t not know what the reviewer has expectet of Sophie, maybe Heavy Metal?

http://www.frankfurterrundschau.de/ress ... f7170a7cfa