Lars Halapi solo album!!

Everything about Sophie
blutroniq
Junior Sophie Fan
Junior Sophie Fan

Lars Halapi solo album!!

Post by blutroniq » 04 Feb 2005, 01:41

Sophie's long-time producer and guitarist, Lars Halapi, releases a solo album, When Your TV Makes You Cry [V2 Sweden], on 23 Mar 2005.

The cover is a little... umm... racier than expected, but the music sounds good so far, as you can hear clips of two songs here. "This Time" sounds a lot like Sophie's recent stuff, and the female harmony vocalist sounds like it may be Sophie herself. I can't quite tell for sure, though.

I'm sure this album will be a must for all big fans of Sophie.

LF
Real Sophie Fan
Real Sophie Fan

Re: Lars Halapi solo album!!

Post by LF » 04 Feb 2005, 17:24

[quote=""blutroniq""]I'm sure this album will be a must for all big fans of Sophie.[/quote]

Of course.
Sophie Zelmani's music wouldn't be as it likes without Lars Halapi.
So, good news
about why loneliness follows me"

zuperparanoid
Real Sophie Fan
Real Sophie Fan

Post by zuperparanoid » 05 Feb 2005, 00:45

[quote=""blutroniq""]the female harmony vocalist sounds like it may be Sophie herself[/quote]

Yes I have heard the songs, they sound great and I'm really looking forward to the release. But it's not Sophie's voice you hear on the track "This time". The female voice belongs to Sara Isaksson, but the band is the same that have played with Sophie Zelmani – Robert Qwarforth (piano), Thomas Axelsson (bass) and Peter Korhonen (drums).

Rindert
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rindert » 09 Feb 2005, 21:48

[quote=""From offical biography on http://se.v2music.com/""]On a few songs you can hear the voice of Sara Isaksson, the tenor saxophone of Per Texas Johansson and the violin of Peter Fors. Lars produced the album with his long-time engineer Pontus Olsson.[/quote]

[quote=""zuperparanoid""][quote=""blutroniq""]the female harmony vocalist sounds like it may be Sophie herself[/quote]

Yes I have heard the songs, they sound great and I'm really looking forward to the release. But it's not Sophie's voice you hear on the track "This time". The female voice belongs to Sara Isaksson, but the band is the same that have played with Sophie Zelmani – Robert Qwarforth (piano), Thomas Axelsson (bass) and Peter Korhonen (drums).[/quote]

Even the more 'exclusive' instument like voilin and tenor-saxophone are playedd by the same mucians as on Sophie 's album.
I think it would have been really nice if it had been Sophie you sang togheter with Lars.
its always you - www.always-sophie.com

mupp
New Sophie fan
New Sophie fan

Lars Halapi solo album!!

Post by mupp » 10 Feb 2005, 20:00

Here you can listen to two songs from it:
http://se.v2music.com/site/product.asp?ID=1080

Is it just me who doesn't like his voice and his Swedish accent? : :(

zuperparanoid
Real Sophie Fan
Real Sophie Fan

Lars Halapi solo album!!

Post by zuperparanoid » 10 Feb 2005, 23:50

[quote=""mupp""]Here you can listen to two songs from it:
http://se.v2music.com/site/product.asp?ID=1080

Is it just me who doesn't like his voice and his Swedish accent? : :([/quote]
Actually I don't have any problem with his voice. I think it reminds me of someone, but I'm not sure who... Maybe a little bit Mark Knopfler :?:

zuperparanoid
Real Sophie Fan
Real Sophie Fan

Lars Halapi solo album!!

Post by zuperparanoid » 07 Apr 2005, 21:27

I've just received Lars Halapi's debutalbum, and my first reaction after have listened to the CD, is that he REALLY sounds like Mark Knopfler. But I have to say that I think he's a much better guitarist and producer, than singer. Well that’s mine opinion, you don’t have to agree. The album isn't that bad, but not as good as we could expect. But the most interesting for Sophie fans, is that he is doing his own version of "Losing you". This is probably the best track on the album, but of course I prefer Sophie on vocal… What else can be said about the album…? Well he proves at least how great he is on guitar!

magni
New Sophie fan
New Sophie fan

Lars Halapi solo album!!

Post by magni » 09 Aug 2005, 22:15

He indeed sounds like knopfler, his voice is close to David knopfler and his guitar, as always close to Mark knopfler... great stuff!!