Total votes: 12

Elske
Administrator
Administrator

Favourite Album?

Post by Elske » 30 Sep 2004, 23:12

Which Album of Sophie do you like most?

And why?

I like her Sing and Dance Album the most. I just love the Rythm and the lyrics. It's also the first album i bought from her..

If i want to listen to realy beautifull music, i listen to this one! :)
ww.always-sophie.com

But it's always a pleasure to sing and dance with you!

LF
Real Sophie Fan
Real Sophie Fan

Favourite Album?

Post by LF » 01 Oct 2004, 22:22

I can't choose ! It's Impossible ...

-"Sophie Zelmani" was the first one. For me it was a discovering, and it's got a real important place. And it's still different : it represents the 'young' sophie (and it has its specific atmosphere that you don't find on the others)
-"Precious Burden" stay for me the most sad,melancolic ... it's why i love it :) (and of curse there's "so Long" and "curtain fall" on it)
-"Time to Kil" 's got numerous good songs i like very much (losing you, time to kill, happier man, fire, i don't know, why, ...)
-"Sing and Dance" was "the most colored" (a new step in the same way of Time to Kill). A new face of Sophie. And "Once","Sing and Dance", "Gone with the madness", ...
- "Love Affair". Between "Time to Kill" and "Precious Burden" ??
And "Maja's Song, Stay with my heart, Hard to Know and Dream get's clear" ...

So, i definitively can't make my choice. Sorry ...
about why loneliness follows me"

zuperparanoid
Real Sophie Fan
Real Sophie Fan

Favourite Album?

Post by zuperparanoid » 02 Oct 2004, 21:04

It's hard to choose. But I always thought it would be the "Sing And Dance" album, with "Love Affair" close behind. But now I'm not sure... The more I listen to the new album (Love Affair), the more I like it. And since two of you already have voted for the "Sing And Dance" album, I think I'll go for the "Love Affair" album - even I'm not 100 % sure...

I also have to say that I like all her albums, and my favorite song of all time might be "Curtain fall" or maybe.... No I can't decide... It's too hard to choose! But OK, I think "Love Affair" is a little better than the others...

Z
Junior Sophie Fan
Junior Sophie Fan

Favourite Album?

Post by Z » 05 Oct 2004, 14:46

A tough choice, but for me it would be "Precious Burden". Hearing it after her first album it showed a more mature, more melancholy side that for me personally was very appealing. "Love Affair" is also great and not far behind.

blutroniq
Junior Sophie Fan
Junior Sophie Fan

Favourite Album?

Post by blutroniq » 03 Nov 2004, 09:46

Although her first two albums were not solid from top to bottom, she hasn't released a weak album. She's definitely hit her stride with the last three albums. It's really hard to pick one of those three as a favorite. It really depends on the mood you're in.

Case in point:
I was at a wedding recently in a small town in Saskatachewan (here in Canada). Right as I was leaving the hall, a couple that was at the wedding (whom I vaguely knew) was having it out in the parking lot. It turned into a bit of a spectacle, with shouting, crying, and other people getting involved. Their relationship was seemingly on the verge of breaking up, even though they'd just had a child together.

Fresh from seeing that, I got into my car for the two hour drive to Saskatoon (to visit my parents), and I had luckily packed Time To Kill in my bag of CD's. Driving across the prairie in pitch black with that album blasting is an experience I won't forget. What a perfect album, and no other album could have suited that occasion better.

I can only imagine what Sophie was going through when she wrote those songs.

Guild
New Sophie fan
New Sophie fan

Favourite Album?

Post by Guild » 04 Nov 2004, 23:34

Thank you all for a great forum. I'm new here and it's nice to see so many dedicated Zelmani fans. My favourite Zelmani album is Precious Burden because it's a solid album and she really show her songwriting skills here. I like the way the album is produced it's kind of timeless. My favourites are Excuse me, Got to stop, Before the day's gone and Goodbye.

lezhi
New Sophie fan
New Sophie fan

Favourite Album?

Post by lezhi » 10 Nov 2004, 06:45

love affair

especially , , ,

I like the rhythm, gentle, just like talking about her moods.
ife is a mystery

zwikker

Favourite Album?

Post by zwikker » 17 Nov 2004, 02:49

Sing and dance, no question!

The most obvious difference with other albums is guitar music in the album:)

Though, live performances are not real "albums", they are also great!