About > Rindert

Tell everyone a litte bit about yourself. Let us know who you are!
Rindert
Administrator
Administrator

About > Rindert

Post by Rindert » 19 Feb 2004, 22:25

Hi All,

As the owner of this website together with Elske I thought it would be a good idea to introduce myself to you all.

I'm 23 years young, live in The Netherlands close to the city of Leeuwarden, in thr north of the county. I'm currently working as medical laboratory analist in a hospital, a job that I like very much.

I think the first time I heard Sophie was an mp3 on my computer. Only thing I didn't knew at that time that it was Sophie Zelmani. I downloaded the file from Napster and according to the filename it should be Jewel singing 'Who I am'. I became suspicious about it not being Jewel when the song was never listed on the lists of songs Jewel wrote/sang ever in her carreer. I'm also a huge fan of Jewel and never found any website that mentioned the song. After talking to some other fans we concluded that it probably wasn't Jewel but someone else(one of those fans was Elske). So I started searching and searching.... After a few days I found a site that had the lyrics to 'Who I am' and so I discoverd it was someone called 'Sophie Zelmani' who wrote it. I sure wanted to hear more of this woman singing such a beautifull song. There was only little to find about Sophie on the internet, and Napster came only with a few songs searching for Sophie. But after a while I've collected some mp3 and really liked the song I heard Sophie sing. That is in short how got to know Sophie. and became a fan of her.
In the meanwhile I also got Elske into Sophie and we both got really excited about her. Elske and I know eachother as being huge fans of Jewel. So after a while we decited it was time for a good Sophie site on the internet. The sites that did excist where out-dated and not that spectecular. And so we created www.always-shopie.com. It may be nice to tell that the site name was taken from 'Always You', a song we both like very much.
So that is the history of this site and how I got to know Sophie.

As I told before a huge fan of Jewel. Other artist I like are: Roxette, The Cranberries, Sita, K's choice, Dido, Kirsten nad many more.

Well that is about it for now. You will get to know me better as we 'talk' on this forum.

Greetings,
Rindert
its always you - www.always-sophie.com