Who was "I'll remember you" written for?

Everything about Sophie
ian_w
New Sophie fan
New Sophie fan

Post by ian_w » 12 Feb 2007, 12:15

Hi everyone! I have a question about Sophie's song I'll remember you. I have been travelling in Australia for a few months and met an amazing Swedish girl who introduced me to this song and I loved it!
After travelling for a couple of months I had to leave her and it was very hard for both of us :( (things progress faster when you are with each other 24-7)
She gave me a picture of us and has written the words to the song on the back and now the song means a lot to me.
I was just wondering if anyone can tell me the story behind the track, perhaps why it was written and who for maybe?
Thanks for any help

Ian :D

Markus
Real Sophie Fan
Real Sophie Fan

Post by Markus » 12 Feb 2007, 14:01

Hi Ian!

First of all, I love your story, and I think most of us romantic souls here on the forum do so, too. :wink:

It may be disappointing for you, but I doubt that anyone on the forum or elsewhere will be able to tell you the story behind this or any other song. (Except maybe for Sophie herself, but she does not like to talk about her songs. You can read on Sophie-Zelmani.com (where she has given an interview) that she describes her songs as her very secrets. So at least we can think that many - if not all - of her songs are very private and autobiographical.
But does it really matter for you what the story behind this song is and for whom it was written. As you have told you have got your own imaginations and pictures and your own very private story behind this song.
And isn´t that what a great piece of art is all about? Seeing a picture or listening to a great song and then having your own very private feelings and thoughts, that are maybe impossible to form into words or share with other people? :)

Markus

ian_w
New Sophie fan
New Sophie fan

Re: Who was "I'll remember you" written for?

Post by ian_w » 25 Feb 2007, 12:19

Thanks for the reply Markus!