Gig on 28th July in Luzern (CH)

All topics about Sophie on tour will be moved here.
Rubis
Real Sophie Fan
Real Sophie Fan

Post by Rubis » 31 Mar 2006, 08:45

Sophie's coming on 28th July to Luzern for the Blue Balls Festival.....I can't believe it :D :D !

Who's gonna go? I'm going for sure :wink:

Rubis

Markus
Real Sophie Fan
Real Sophie Fan

Post by Markus » 31 Mar 2006, 09:29

Hi Rubis (and thank you for the news)!

Sadly Luzern is too far away from where I´m living. But it´s great news anyway that Sophie now seems to go on tour more often than she used to. That makes me hope that I don´t have to wait that long until she also will return to Germany.

That she is going to the Blue Balls Festival is another hint that the Swiss people give Sophie much more credit for her work than the rest of Europe (except, of course, her home country Sweden). Sophie´s last to albums both entered the Swiss charts, one of her songs is used in a Swiss TV spot and now she will doing an extra concert for the Blue Balls Festival.

Rubis, are you responsible for Sophie´s popularity within the Swiss community? :wink:
We all know Switzerland is a very small country, so maybe you are recommending Sophie´s music to all your fellow countrymen? For me that could be the only reason why Sophie seems that much more popular in your country than in mine. And honestly speeking, it makes me a little bit envious. :wink:

See you
Markus

Rubis
Real Sophie Fan
Real Sophie Fan

Post by Rubis » 31 Mar 2006, 09:50

Well, Markus.....I'm so sorry that you feel envious. But don't despair cuz I'm sure Sophie's going to come to Germany sooner than you expect :wink: ! In some respect, Germany is a bit like Switzerland....isn'it?

You can notice Sophie's never been really touring in France, neither in Italy....she prefers to go to places where the people are humble and quiet. I'm not telling that French and italian people are not humble and not quiet, but I suppose there are a little bit more show off than other countries. Sorry for all the french and italian fans!!! I do like french and italian people :D ! (I'm parly italian :wink: )I guess, she found this kind of people in german speaking countries....or in countries where many languages are spoken. Well, that's only my opinion.....and I apologize already for those who might feel upset about what I said. I'm ready to read you opinion, go, go, go :P !

About me having an influence about the success of Sophie in my country.....well, I don't think so.....but it might be that I'm wrong.....in that case I would be so flattered :oops: :oops: :oops: !

Have a nice sunny day!

Here in Switzerland sun is just piercing through the clouds!!! It has been snowing in the mountains and raining in the plain all night long. What about Germany?

Rubis

Markus
Real Sophie Fan
Real Sophie Fan

Post by Markus » 31 Mar 2006, 11:49

Weather isn´t that nice here in the northwestern part of Germany, either. No snow, it´s allready to warm. But grey sky and partly rain. So the best way for letting in and feeling the spring time is listening to Sophie´s music. :)

Markus

Juanito
Real Sophie Fan
Real Sophie Fan

Post by Juanito » 31 Mar 2006, 11:54

May be, it's because that in Switzerland it's more easier to make some publicity for her. Hey, it's a small country. France and Germany are big countries so It will cost a lot to Sony to promove her music.

I'm sure that if she was playing in Paris (in a small place like la Cigale ou Le Divan du Monde), the concert will almost sell out. But who will interest about her and her music. France is working with huge groups or songwriters when there's money to make. For Sophie, it wouldn't be the same. The public will be more readers from Telerama and The Inrockuptibles Magazines.

Be sure that French people could be really respectful of her music. I saw that with Emiliana Torrini for example (acoustic concert...so quiet).

By the way, the Zurich concert where I went two years ago was very noisy not like in Geneva. :?
Anyway, I tell this like that, may be because I'm upset. Not against you Rubis bt against the fact that she's not playing in France, when she has some fans. You can see it in this forum ! :wink:
ho I am, you'll tell me.

LF
Real Sophie Fan
Real Sophie Fan

Post by LF » 31 Mar 2006, 16:08

Yes, i agree with Juanito (French solidarity ? no, just kidding :lol: )

Sophie's fans (wherever they're from) must be cool and quiet : How could they like Sophie's songs otherwise ? :wink:

Actually, Sophie's came in France in 1995, for "Alway's You" promotion.
(She appeared on a (cool) French TV show, "Taratata").
Maybe she made one date in Paris, i don't know (i was just discovering her at this time) ... but that's true that she hasn't came back here, in France.
Maybe a bad experience ? :?

This is also true that her CD aren't really sold here ... What a pity.
about why loneliness follows me"

Juanito
Real Sophie Fan
Real Sophie Fan

Post by Juanito » 31 Mar 2006, 17:11

For your information LF, she made also a performance at the HIT MACHINE to sing "Always You" in 1995.

But she did quite the same thing with USA and Australia.
She played up there for her first record: a long tour but after this, just a few dates for the second.

I think that right now, she didn't want to make some huge tours not to be far from her kid and also yes because she's shy and her carreer haven't she's not so famous is good enough for her and living. Just a thought.
ho I am, you'll tell me.

Rindert
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rindert » 31 Mar 2006, 17:40

Hi,

Great to hear that sophie is performing this summer on the blue balls festival again. I would love to go, but Switserland is just to far away and don't think i have any holidays left after my holiday is feb and my holidays in the summer (already packed with plans)

I was reading about small and large countries and sophie maybe liking smaal countries better. But why did she never visit The netherland then? I think the netherland are smaller than Switserland. I think it would be great she would visit the 'A camplight to Lowlands paradise' (Lowlands) fesifal here in The Netherland this summer. it quite a large fesival, but there are many arena's to perform with big and smaal crouds. thin kit would be nice is the came here :)

I know for sure that if I lived in Switsereland i sure would go :)

Rindert
its always you - www.always-sophie.com

qokyax
Junior Sophie Fan
Junior Sophie Fan

Post by qokyax » 03 Apr 2006, 18:59

Hi!

I'm sure that Sophie would have a lot of success here in France, and that people ca be quiet at a concert, even if, as Rubis said, maybe French or Italian people are usually said to be more "expressive" than northern people. I've seen her in Geneva, and the lousiest people in the room wasn't french for sure :)

I am not offended by what you said Rubis, of course :)

But this not only true for Sophie unfortunately, there is a lack of communication between the records company or northern or eastern europe and countries like france, UK or Spain... There are a huge number of artists we don't even hear of in france, and that are having more and more success abroad... I like Anouk too for example, and I'd never be able to see her in france, unfortunately...

But if you make any french guy listen to Sophie Zelmani, he will enjoy it, be sure :)

Qokyax

Juanito
Real Sophie Fan
Real Sophie Fan

Post by Juanito » 04 Apr 2006, 11:12

Yeap, I'm agree with you.

By the way, I know Anouk too, my dear french guy and it's about the same with Sophie Zelmani. A huge hit and no communication after except the last record I saw a commercial on TV one year ago.

But think of female singers like Katie Melua and Cat Power who have a good succes in France, performing sold out and the music has about the same mechanic... if I can say that (female songwriters).
ho I am, you'll tell me.

Markus
Real Sophie Fan
Real Sophie Fan

Post by Markus » 04 Apr 2006, 12:16

Hi Juanito!

It´s the same with Katie Melua in Germany. I guess, there are different factors for her success all over Europe. First she started her career in Great Britain. And I think it´s always easier for pop musicians to become famous if you first have success in England or the States. Than I would say that Katie Melua started her career right after Norah Jones became a international star. And Norah Jones was maybe the one singer who made popular this kind of calm and accustic music for the new century. And a thirth point might be, of course, that Sophie isn´t as famous as these female pop stars by choice. I have once read the Melua is one of the most touring stars worldwide. She is on tour allmost the whole year. I don´t think that Sophie could live this kind of life. If Sophie would had decided in 1995 when she had her big success with the first album, that she would like touring more, than maybe she would hade become more popular. But why should she tour more, make more interviews or visit big TV shows ? She can live her life with her boyfriend and child on her lonely island. She is popular enough, I think, for earning more money than most people do, and she doesn´t need to confront herself with intrusive teenage fans that would make her crazy. And finaly, with this kind of life, she shoul have enough time to write new beautiful and melancolic songs.:D

Markus

Juanito
Real Sophie Fan
Real Sophie Fan

Post by Juanito » 06 Apr 2006, 18:10

Damn, you're right. I'm totally 100% agree with you. It's my point of view too.
ho I am, you'll tell me.

Markus
Real Sophie Fan
Real Sophie Fan

Post by Markus » 25 Jul 2006, 19:53

Hi Rubis!

Hope you´ll still planning to visit the concert. I hope you´ll enjoy it and then please give a big great review. :D Sadly there weren´t many news of Sophie the last few months on this site and the internet. So I think the whole community is longing for some new "Sophie stuff". :wink:

See you
Markus

Rubis
Real Sophie Fan
Real Sophie Fan

Post by Rubis » 26 Jul 2006, 12:39

Hello!

Hope you're all doing fine by these temperatures 8) ! Yes, I still plan to go to Luzern this Friday but the organisation for this trip makes me a little bit worried : I've not found anyone who'se really interested to go there with me (I've bought two tickets!) and I've not found a mean of transport to get there : by train it takes about 3h45 to get there, it costs a lot (more than the ticket for the gig :shock: )and after the gig there will be no more train ....by car, I must find somebody to drive there with me cause I don't have a car (about 2h20).

Well, well, I still know somebody (my bro!) who would accompany me, but that would be a rescue solution :wink: !

I've already thought of selling these two tickets...hum,hum, would anyone of you be interested? I can make a good price....

See ya!

Rubis

Rubis
Real Sophie Fan
Real Sophie Fan

I haven't been in luzern :-(

Post by Rubis » 31 Jul 2006, 19:51

Hello!

Sorry there will be no review of the concert in Luzern : I couldn't make it to Luzern sadly :cry: ....but by chance I heard about 10 minutes of her concert which was broadcasted on a swiss radio on last saturday evening. Wow the quality was so good! I was really amazed and full of regrets....

Between two songs, she asked wether there was somebody there that had already met her....and then she said : no one? ... I wish I had been there!

see ya'

Rubis