hey all,

Tell everyone a litte bit about yourself. Let us know who you are!
Evianais7
Junior Sophie Fan
Junior Sophie Fan

hey all,

Post by Evianais7 » 12 Dec 2005, 11:27

elo all :D ,

I'm a 31 yo man, living in France near Geneva. I discover Sophie yeras ago when i heard "always you". I found this song so beautifull.
Since that day, i make my friends listening to her.

I listen to other kind of music like lynyrd skynyrd, songwriters, nirvana, blues brothers 8) 8) , jazz, and some classical.
And i am a very big fan of Metallica :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: .

I am working as a tehnical support and i reallly love my job. I practice roller board, mountainbike, swimming, astronomy...
If you want to discover astronomy, you are welcome...I like share my hobbits.

Sophie often play in Switzerland. As often as i can i manage to see her there.

I hope all fans, can see her once.

PS : I know, my englih is horrible :? . So i give you all apologise
een there, done it...

Rindert
Administrator
Administrator

Re: hey all,

Post by Rindert » 13 Dec 2005, 10:46

Welcome to the forum Evianais!

[quote=""Evianais7""]I discover Sophie yeras ago when i heard "always you". I found this song so beautifull.[/quote]

This is exactly the reason why we came up with this site name. :D
its always you - www.always-sophie.com

Markus
Real Sophie Fan
Real Sophie Fan

hey all,

Post by Markus » 02 Jan 2006, 11:29

Hello to all of you and special thanks to you Rindert and Elske for creating and managing this wonderful webpage for all Sophie fans. (There aren´t so many places in the internet where you can find up to date informations about this great artist.)

I´m a 32 year old German from Münster. I discovered Sophie in April 2005 when I was searching the Internet for another music group. The first sounds of Sophie that I heard were some short internet sound samples from the Love Affair album. But they impressed me so much that I immediately went to the next disc shop to purchase this great disc. Not much later I bought the rest of her discs. Most of the other music that I listen to is very traditional. I like many of the "old folk heroes" of the sixties, for example Bob Dylan and Paul Simon and I think that Sophies music stands in this great tradition.

Hope to meet some of you at the concert in Köln!
:D

Markus

Rubis
Real Sophie Fan
Real Sophie Fan

hey all,

Post by Rubis » 14 Jan 2006, 09:03

Hello everybody :wink: !

First of all, welcome to you Evianais7 and Markus ! It's great to see that Sophie's talent is aknowledged more and more...she really deserves it! It's just a pity that it took so long for some of you to discover her music....I guess one of the reason, is because of all the very commercial music (like Britney,Madonna,Staracademy and co,....), which is always advised on the media and which gets all the attention of people: but it's just fake, if you see what I mean.....I would even say it looks like "cabaret" :oops: . For the media and the business it's just the "look" that matters...sadly you have to acknowledge that in this society : "sex sells"...in my opinion, that's sad, and you what do you think?

As for me, I quite like some commercial music, but the first thing to attract me in a song, is the authenticity and the best artist who can express this is definitely Sophie.... well, she's just herself and her music is just the pure reflect of her sensibility and personnality.

Hi,hi,hi, I'm just thinking that I've got to stop thinking.....being so philosophical on a saturday morning is just not normal, don't you think?

Well, hope to see one of you maybe in Vevey.... I had the idea to go to Köln at the time I saw that Sophie was performing there, but some time later, I saw that she was coming to Switzerland...so, as I'm not so rich, I guess I won't be able to go to Köln. What's more, I'already visited Köln last summer, otherwise, it would have been a good opportunity to visit this city.

See ya!

Rubis

P.S. Thanks so much to Rindert and Elske...they really did a great job, and I do hope they'll carry on that way!! :)

Bernd
Junior Sophie Fan
Junior Sophie Fan

hey all,

Post by Bernd » 26 Jan 2006, 23:03

Hi everybody!

First of all: Yes, you've read correctly. Another "newbie" in this forum from Münster, Germany... :D
Markus is a good friend of mine, he made me listen to the music of Sophie Zelmani. Thanks, Markus, wasn't your worst idea! 8) I'd never heard or read about her or her music before.
I really like this music, but unlike many other people in this forum, I woldn't say that I'm a fan of Sophie Zelmani. Perhaps I'll become one, who knows? :) Köln may be the first step.

I'm 31 years old, I live in Münster and I like listening to Folk Music (esp. Irish Folk, US Country and Dominican Folk), Rock and Pop and - sometimes - classical masterpieces, too. It depends on the mood I'm in, I guess. :)

Last but not least:
@ Rindert and Elske: You've created a great site! Thanks a lot for this amount and quality of information on Sophie and, of course, for this forum! Hope to see you in Köln!