Strange thing in 'I'll Remember You'

Everything about Sophie
Rindert
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rindert » 13 Sep 2005, 17:20

Last night I was lying in my bed listening to Sophie's album 'Sophie Zelmani' on my discman. And when I listend to 'I'll Remember You' I noticed something strange. While I was listening it happend that my ear-plug fell out of my ear. Normally no problem, it just makes the music sound a littlte bit softer with most of the songs, but with 'I'll Remember You' I suddenly only heard Sophie singing... when I put my ear-plug in again the music was back. After testing my discman connections a few times and listening to the different ear plugs I could only come to this:
The left ear-plug only had sophie's voice.
The right ear-plug only had the music.
All other songs don't have this thing, both music and voice are in both ear-plugs.

In the cd-booklet there is nothing about that 'I'll Remember You' has been recorded in a different studio and the whole cd is master by one person.

Can anyone tell me if he/she also has this thing with the song? Or is it just me? I'm not so technical, but is it possible to record a song like this and record in on cd?

Rindert
its always you - www.always-sophie.com

LF
Real Sophie Fan
Real Sophie Fan

Post by LF » 14 Sep 2005, 02:17

Hi Rindert !

Yes, music and lyrics aren't on the same channel ... (your CD is right :D )
I've noticed this long time ago (when i was listening the first album over and over), and it was perfect to try to sing with the music only, or just to play guitar with the Sophie's sweet voice (in the both case, the result was horrible
:roll: ... but it may be cool for someone who sing or play guitar well).

What was the reason ? I don't know ...
Maybe just a way to record in the beggining, and someone in the studio (or Sophie, or Lars) said "Hey that's so great to keep voice on one side and music on the other" ??
about why loneliness follows me"

qokyax
Junior Sophie Fan
Junior Sophie Fan

Post by qokyax » 22 Sep 2005, 14:55

Yep I have this too, I noticed this with my earphones too :)

Some musician do this sometime, the rolling stones for example (I can't remember on which song, only on one, not on all). You often don't realise this unless you have a good stereo installation or you're listening on an earphone.

There's no technical reason at all the voice and the guitar are recorded on separated microphones, even if they play together while recording. It's after, during what they call "mixing", that they decide which instruments is going on the left or on the right.

And that's when someone must have think about doing this, which is a good idea on this song. I think I would'nt sound great on a lot of song, but with a song like "I'll remember you", it was a good idea :)

I hope I've been clear, english isn't my mother tongue :)

qokyax

Elske
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Elske » 01 Oct 2005, 13:32

[quote=""LF""]Hi Rindert !

Yes, music and lyrics aren't on the same channel ... (your CD is right :D )
I've noticed this long time ago (when i was listening the first album over and over), and it was perfect to try to sing with the music only, or just to play guitar with the Sophie's sweet voice (in the both case, the result was horrible
:roll: ... but it may be cool for someone who sing or play guitar well).

What was the reason ? I don't know ...
Maybe just a way to record in the beggining, and someone in the studio (or Sophie, or Lars) said "Hey that's so great to keep voice on one side and music on the other" ??[/quote]

I've noticed this too a long time ago. Now you can make a karaoke version of the song...!
ww.always-sophie.com

But it's always a pleasure to sing and dance with you!

zuperparanoid
Real Sophie Fan
Real Sophie Fan

Re: Strange thing in 'I'll Remember You'

Post by zuperparanoid » 03 Nov 2005, 00:24

[quote=""Rindert""]is it possible to record a song like this and record in on cd?[/quote] Yes it is! You can download it from here together with two versions of "Always You": www.sophie-zelmani.com/temp.htm All tracks are in 192 kbit per sec.

This is just a temporary page, so if you're interested in the tracks, please hurry...