Sophie nominated for an award

Everything about Sophie
mupp
New Sophie fan
New Sophie fan

Post by mupp » 22 Dec 2004, 22:57

For those of you who don't live in Sweden, you probably would never know this, so I thought I'd tell in case someone finds it interesting.

There's an annual Swedish music award called Grammisfestivalen on the 7th February 2005. Sophie Zelmani is nomiated for best female pop singer of the year (for the album Love Affair), and Lars Halapi (her producer) is nominated for best producer. I doubt she will win though, even though I would really like it.

Here's an unofficial link (in Swedish):
http://www.svd.se/dynamiskt/noje/did_8757190.asp

LF
Real Sophie Fan
Real Sophie Fan

Post by LF » 23 Dec 2004, 14:44

Please, Keep us informed :wink:
I appreciate this kind of information. It seems to me that she's yet won this award, for "Sophie Zelmani", hasn't she ?
about why loneliness follows me"

mupp
New Sophie fan
New Sophie fan

Post by mupp » 23 Dec 2004, 20:14

As far as I know (read: all that I've found on the internet) these are the Grammis nominations she has received:

Won Best newcomer, for Sophie Zelmani

Nominated for Best female pop/rock, for Time to Kill

Nominated for Best female pop/rock, for Sing and Dance

Nominated for Best female pop/rock, for Love Affair

hervelam
Junior Sophie Fan
Junior Sophie Fan

Post by hervelam » 28 Dec 2004, 10:47

Hello you,

Do you know if she likes to receive such awards?

I suppose these Awards are the occasion of a TV program in Sweden: does she appear in the program when she is nominated?

Good night.
HervE
japprecie | music to live through: http://japprecie.raidghost.com/en

mupp
New Sophie fan
New Sophie fan

Post by mupp » 30 Dec 2004, 21:20

I'm not so sure. I assume she likes getting awards and recognition for her work (like everyone would), but I'm not so sure of she enjoys the fame and glamour that comes with festivals, actually I doubt it, based on my small knowledge of her personality. I don't remember seeing her on this festival before, but that doesn't mean anything since I haven't been following it very seriously and it wasn't that long ago I discovered her music. But I will look at the awards and hopefully see her.

Anyway, I don't want to trashtalk this festival or anything, but it's very mainstream and that's why I doubt she will win. The winners are often what the broad mass likes and I think they even base the decision on how good the artists sell also (not sure if they have implemented it, but they have discussed it). Allthough Sophie sells pretty well in Sweden, she is definetly not mainstream, and the people that sit in the jury is probably not her audience. My guess is Lena Philipsson will win, but I hope I'm wrong.

mupp
New Sophie fan
New Sophie fan

Post by mupp » 10 Feb 2005, 20:03

The awards are over, and she didn't win any award. :( I saw parts of it on TV and there's not much to say about it other than she wasn't there.