"The Ocean And Me" no.1 on Swedish album charts!

Everything about Sophie
Markus
Real Sophie Fan
Real Sophie Fan

"The Ocean And Me" no.1 on Swedish album charts!

Post by Markus » 12 Sep 2008, 09:56

Very good news for Sophie and her fans. Sophie´s new album "The Ocean And Me" has started with the very best chart position possible. In her home country Sweden it is listed now on chart position no.1 (first week). As far as I know It´s the first time ever Sophie has achieved the no.1 position (even in her home country Sweden). On this forum we often have wondered about the commercial success of Sophie´s albums. It seems that at least in Sweden she gets more and more popular. Let´s hope this will apply for other parts of Europe and the world as well.  :)

Markus 

zuperparanoid
Real Sophie Fan
Real Sophie Fan

Re: "The Ocean And Me" no.1 on Swedish album charts!

Post by zuperparanoid » 13 Sep 2008, 10:00

Yes it's great to see her "up there". :) I knew she would get a good position, because the presales has gone very well, but a number 1 position was much more than I expected. Anyway, next week she will have lost her position to Metallica. I'm sure...

jan gruyaert
Junior Sophie Fan
Junior Sophie Fan

Post by jan gruyaert » 14 Sep 2008, 08:34

there is no video availalble on the net  (or a performance in a television show ?)  Is there a single taken from the album ?

thanks in advance

G

Markus
Real Sophie Fan
Real Sophie Fan

Post by Markus » 17 Sep 2008, 11:36

"The ocean and me" has now reached position no.13 (first week) in the official Swiss album charts!  :)

Markus

Rindert
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rindert » 23 Sep 2008, 22:30

I now see the The Ocean and Me is on number 4 on the of the album charts in Sweden.
Number 1,2,3 are albums who all entered this week.And yes zuperparanoid, you're right ,Metallica in number 1 now. Quite a difference with Sophie's music
its always you - www.always-sophie.com